Chapter 38

For the next few days Jonathan was happier than ever. The odd feeling in his chest lingered, and he thought about it long and well. It scared him a little, because he wasn't really sure of exactly it was.

Nathan was over at his house, and they sat in Jonathan's bed, doing homework together. "Are you all right?" Nathan asked.

Jonathan looked up at him and blinked his eyes. "Hm?" He put his pencil down.

"You spaced out." Nathan smiled at him. "Are you okay?" He wrapped an arm around the blond.

"I don't know. It's there again..." He mumbled.

"What's there?" Nathan asked worriedly, scanning his boyfriend for something out of the ordinary.

"That feeling." Jonathan said.

Nathan gave a slow nod. "What is it? Does it hurt? Can I do anything for you?" He asked.

"It doesn't hurt." Jonathan shook his head. "I just don't know what to do about it, and it kind of freaks me out." He said and curled up where he sat, taking Nathan's hand in his. "I'm scared." He confessed, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Is there anything I can do?" Nathan repeated. "I'll do anything, I don't want you to be scared." he hugged Jonathan.

The blond shook his head. "I don't know... can't we just... talk about something else?" He sighed. "When's the big game?" He smiled at Nathan.

Nathan didn't like the fact that Jonathan was bothered, but if he didn't want to talk about it, they wouldn't. "It's on Wednesday. You're still coming to see me, right?" He asked.

Jonathan smiled, and nodded happily. "Yeah, of course." He said.

"I look forward to it." Nathan murmured.

"I bet you do." Jonathan chuckled, poking Nathan's chest.

The taller boy smirked, and nuzzled his nose into the crook of Nathan's neck. Jonathan smiled. "So what's my prize when we win the game?" he asked with a smile. "Come on, I've gotta have a prize, right?" he asked when Jonathan shrugged.

"Fine." Jonathan sighed. "If you win the game, you'll get a prize." he promised.

"What kind of prize?" he asked.

Jonathan shrugged. "I don't know, a price." He said. "But only if you win the game." he said and leaned away when Nathan tried to kiss his cheek.

"When I win the game." Nathan said with confidence. "But I'm still curious. Is the prize something I can pick out myself?" he asked. "So I can?" he asked when Jonathan shrugged.

"Well... it depends." He mumbled, pouting.

Nathan chuckled. "You don't think I'd ask for something weird, right? I would never do anything you're not into." He assured and hugged Jonathan again. "Because I love you, and I would never ever, ever, ever hurt you." He said in a silly voice, pinching Jonathan's cheek.

Jonathan tensed up, frowning. How could he not have understood before? The weird feeling in his chest. It was love. He really loved Nathan. Of course, he already loved him with all his heart, but that feeling was something more than just love. He felt as if he belonged, and wasn't alone.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asked when he noticed that Jonathan didn't think his joked was funny.

Jonathan turned to look at him, an unsure look on his face. "I love you." He said, sounding almost as if he didn't believe himself.

Nathan smiled. "Well, I love you too."

A tiny wrinkle appeared between Jonathan's eyebrows. "No. I mean that I love you." He said.