Chapter 35

Nathan gave Isaac a call, and fifteen minutes later they were on their way to pick him up. Jonathan sat in the front seat of the Ford, happy for just being in the nearly brand new car. Nathan had asked him if he wanted to drive once, but Jonathan had laughed, and asked if Nathan wanted to die, since Jonathan didn't have a license.

However, Jonathan noticed how Nathan seemed to be taking the turns way too rough, and had little to no control over his feet. "Nathan... are you nervous?" He grinned over at the brunet. Nathan shrugged his shoulders, and Jonathan tilted his head to the side. "Why?"

"Um... I don't know. It's the first time I show you off." He gave a sheepish smile when he stopped in front of Isaac's house. Jonathan smiled at the stranger when he got into the car, behind Nathan.

"You must be Jonathan!" Issac smiled when he'd put his seat belt on. "Wow, you really are cute." He eyed the blond that turned red. "I'm Isaac." He said, holding his hand out for Jonathan to shake.

Jonathan was still blushing when he took it. "J-Jonathan." He mumbled.

"I like your shirt, it matches your eyes." Isaac continued with a charming smile.

Jonathan slowly retracted his hand, and gave Nathan a worried glance. "Hey." Nathan chuckled, taking Jonathan's hand in his. "I'd appreciate it if you stopped hitting on my boyfriend."

"Sorry." Isaac grinned sheepishly. "Hey, Nate. Is that old diner still in business?" he leaned forwards in his seat. "And if it is, take me there." He looked excited.

Nathan drove to a small diner in the outskirts of town and got out of the car together with Isaac. Jonathan took his time getting out of the car. "Don't let the exterior fool you." Isaac told Jonathan when he gave the suspicious looking building a doubting look. "They serve the best burgers in town, possibly the world."

"He's right." Nathan said. "Gosh, I haven't been here in ages." He said when they walked through the doors.

"Really?" Isaac asked, plopping down in a booth.

"Not since you left. It wasn't the same without you." Nathan chuckled.

Isaac rolled his eyes, and put his hand over his heart. "I'm touched." He said and glanced around in the diner. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom." He got up from his seat, and Jonathan watched him maneuver around the tables towards the restrooms.

"Um... Nathan." He leaned closer to the brunet. "I-Is he...?"

"Yeah." Nathan nodded. "I told you he wouldn't think we were strange." He gave Jonathan's hand another squeeze. "And don't worry, I won't let him steal you." He said with a wink, just as Isaac came back and sat down.

"So." Isaac looked at the couple across the table. "How long have you two been going out?" He smiled.

Nathan gave Jonathan a loving smile. "A few weeks."

"How nice." Isaac chuckled and looked up when the waited came and took their order. He and Nathan talked old memories while they waited for their food. Isaac was constantly laughing, and Nathan had a hard time sitting up properly, even with an arm draped around Jonathan's shoulders.

He didn't remove his arm when their food came, and Jonathan sighed when he removed Nathan's hand. "I can't eat when you're holding me hostage like that. I won't run away." He assured when Nathan frowned. "And you were right, Isaac. This is delicious." He added with a childish smile when he ate.

"Yup." Isaac nodded. "Gosh, the food in San Fran's got nothing on this." He moaned when he ate.

"You've got something..." Nathan pointed at the corned of Jonathan's mouth. The blond's hand shot up and wiped at his chin. Nathan rolled his eyes. "Here." He said, grabbing a napkin and dabbing away the small stain on Jonathan's cheek.