Chapter 32: A henchmen job

Start from the beginning

Before I joined the mafia I told myself that I wasn't going to be played. That I was going to have revenge on all the guys, but I guess I lowered my walls for him. I would have probably done anything for him. And that was the biggest mistake, ever. The fact that I trusted a mafioso and the fact that he was a guy, well I definitely threw my plans of using a guy. Instead he used me.

The memories of Liam all flash in my head and that angers me more than it should. My mind is going crazy. I open my mouth to say something but Christian beats me to it.

"ENOUGH! If you had already catched the fbi agent, is this why you brought us here, to admit? To admit your stupidness to us. That's a pathetic move. Come on tell me you coward?" I could see Christian getting angry and that was the first I've ever seen him explode. He was angrier than angry itself.

Giovanni was still grinning, enjoying my emotions. "I brought her here so Chris could follow her here but he had an emergency bigger than Lana. I'll admit, Chris is great when it comes to his job. He'll do anything to finish his job. And Lana with her smart math skills and planning, well they're untouchabl-"

I clench my fists. "Shut the fuck up and tell me what happened to Chris?! What do you mean he had an emergency?!" I say through clenched teeth.

He smiles "While the both of you were gone, I sent my guys to do a little henchmen job."

With those words coming out of his mouth, I quickly loose the angryness and turn back to disbelief.

No..no .no that can't be right. He's lying.

"This is getting a bit boring for me, so guys let's go." Giovanni announces.

I didn't even see when they brought the other car.

They get in the car and before the engaged bitch gets in, she sneers something at me. "Did you really think you had a chance? C'mon sweetie you're. . . well you. You never had a chance." She laughs and leaves.

". . . . ." All I hear is a ring like if I were deaf. Just plain ringing, and my hearts just beating.

I don't have anything to say because this can't be true. I'm waiting for Giovanni to come back and tell me he was just kidding so I can yell at him, be mad for the longest and he'll set something up so I can forgive him.

But I don't think that's going to happen. Not anytime soon.

Maybe this is a nightmare, like a dream but the opposite. It has to be.

"-na! Lana! We should go back to the car and go home."

I don't respond to Christian and he gets frustrated. I can see him shouting at me and I don't hear him till the last part. "Get over it, lana. We'll deal with him later. What if something happened to the family, huh? What about Fernando, Daniel, Camilla . . . Or Chris?" He says the last part slowly and that's when the ringing stops.

My eyelids blink rapidly, my heart rate goes up, and there's a new rush of adrenaline. I start running in the direction of the car, deep in the forest with Christian on my tail.

He unlocks the car and we get in.

"I sent my guys to do a little henchmen job."

I hope nothing happened to my family, nor Chris. I can't have anything happen to them. How could I have been so stupid as to trust a guy? A guy from the mafia?

Maybe I was a stupid, naive, girl looking for love. I didn't fit in the mafia, the anger from the breakup was what triggered me into joining it. I should have just dealt with the breakup like an ordinary girl and ate ice-cream with Daniella, while watching movies. I should have just gone to college and had a part-time job, but no I decided to let the breakup get to me.

Tears are clouding my vision but I can't let Christian see. I'm still suppose to be the superior one. The one in charge.

"Lana you don't have to hide your emotions. I can see how you're clenching your fists. It's fine. You're human too." He says softly. I face him with a surprised sad expression. "You made a mistake so what. You thought-" there goes that word again, thought. "You thought you could tame him, but all he wants is money and power. Those type of guys don't deserve happiness-"

"Christian please. Not now." I try smiling but I can't. I can't hide my emotions anymore. It's like trying to pick up papers when it's windy. They're flying everywhere, it's all over the place. My emotions are flying out of my reach.

I don't know how I'm going to get over this, and I'm not sure I can.

~~~~
A/N: Okay guys let's admit it, I suck at cliffhangers/ending the chapters. Smh. But I hoped you all liked this chapter as much as I did.