Chapter 38: Its gone south. Part nine

Start from the beginning

Yagura's body was covered in this red chakra that shaped his body into a new form. Was this his power from the 'Three Tails?'

"Tailed beast state?!" Itachi said surprised.

"The Fourth is a Jinchuriki who can control his Tailed Beast!" Juzo responded. "This is not the Hidden Leaf!"

The Leaf? Did we have a 'Jinchuriki' as well? And whoever it is can't control it like Yagura can. The battle resumed. I once again felt a great mass of chakra as Yagura made this purple sphere. Takara made a wall of Earth as Yagura fired. Juzo tried to use his sword as a bat, but instead cause an explosion. Debris went up in the air making me shield my eyes.

"Juzo!" I heard screamed. It could be assume that he was hurt in the explosion. I opened my eyes to see Juzo impaled to a tree by a fragment of his large sword.

"Run, Itachi..." Juzo sputtered as Yagura was making another purple sphere of chakra.

Itachi didn't run and Yagura and Takara was suddenly covered in black flames. Yagura had the majority, but it seemed Yagura's red chakra protected him slightly more. Itachi's eyes! They are Sharingan, but... they look different. Yagura and Takara started to scream in agony as the flames burned them.

"The power of the Mangekyo Sharingan?" I heard Itachi say through the loud yells. Itachi held his eye and the fire went out. Itachi is getting stronger. At this rate Sasuke stands no chance against him.

"Why you--" Yagura fell to the ground as smoke came from him burns. I wanted to rush down to him and Takara, but I didn't want to get caught by Itachi and his partner Juzo.

"Juzo!"

"Did you kill the Mizukage?"

"No, he's not dead yet"

"Then..." Juzo coughed more blood. "Hurry! Go!"

"But..."

"It's all over for me..." Juzo paused. "You don't have to be a Medic Ninja to know that, right?"

"I'm sorry..." Itachi apologized. "What a stupid thing to say. Do you have any last words for anyone?"

"Like I'd have anyone, idiot." Juzo insulted. "I see... but you have someone like that, huh? Hurru and go! I'm just gonna drop dead, right here, where I'm from... this god-forsaken Blood Mist Village... I thought my only partner... was this guy here..." He reached for his weapon, but he could not reach the hilt. Then he fell. This man was dead.

This was my first time seeing death. Sure, there'd be sick people, but I was never around the moment they died. I'd also never seen such a brutal death, yet as a ninja, I knew I'd see more.

I don't know what was going through Itachi's head, and I don't know how he felt about this man, Juzo. What he did surprised me. Itachi, the ruthless clan killer, removed Juzo from the tree, laid him on the ground, and put his sword back into his hands. Then he disappeared. If he sensed me, he did nothing.

As soon as I knew he was gone, I hopped down to Yagura and Takara. Now that I was up close it really hit me. These person, these kind people were hurt. Yagura, despite not having known him long, was important to me. Takara I had known he for a while now, she was like a big sister to me. Tears streamed down my face as I grabbed Yagura and Takara's hand gently. The heat of their burns could be felt still. It must have been painful.

Takara sat up against the nearby tree, and I still held her hand refusing to let go. Takara's wounds weren't as serious, but if she didn't get treatment too, she would die.

"Takara... Yagura-nii..." I whispered sadly. He wasn't dead yet, but I knew soon he would be. Yagura sooner than her. Oh... what about Chikako...

"Hiro?" I heard him whisper in return. I felt guilty. He didn't even know my real name. In his last moments I think he deserved to know that at least.

"I'm sorry..." I cried gripping his hot hand tighter. "My real name is Himawari Hyuuga. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you before, but I am now."

"It's alright." He replied as I moved his head into my lap. He opened his pretty pink eyes at me. "As long as your okay."

"But your not." I choked on a sob. This would be the first time people I cared about died in front of me. Sure there was my mom, but she died in childbirth with Hanabi so I didn't remember her.

"It's okay and there's something I would like to ask of you..." He smiled gently at me.

"Anything!" I shouted in return.

"I hate *cough* to ask this of you, but I'm the Jinchuriki of the Sanbi." I couldn't tell where he was going with this. "And I don't want him to cause a ruckus."

"You want her to contain him. To become the new Jinchuriki." Takara narrowed her eyes, but she knew where he was coming from.

"He's kind of a pain, but he's a lot kinder than some of the other beasts." Yagura smiled. "Boku and you would get along well, I think." Yagura sighed his smile disappeared. "It's alright if you don't want too."

"No!" I shouted with decision. "I will. I'll try my best to become friends with, Boku?"

"You'd need somebody to seal the Sanbi. It's not that simple."  Takara piped up moving closer to me. Takara groaned in pain before her attention turned toward Yagura. "I'm willing too. However, if I used this chakra I would die soon after. Well, I'm going to die soon anyway, there's no medic nin nearby."

"Thank you, ...? Yagura thanked her asking for a name

"Takara Uzumaki. Pleasure, despite the circumstances." Takara put her hand out to shake hand, before realizing her mistake and put it back. Yagura couldn't move to shake.

"My name is Yagura the Mizukage, well not for long." Yagura laughed dully.

"This is the man who brought me to Aoi Kiku." I chirped.

"Is he?" Takara's eyes widened in surprise. "Then he has my gratitude. Though, he's more like a boy don't you think?"

"I am the Mizukage!" Yagura yelled irritated. He must not like being undermined. "Let's get started while I still have a little strength."