Chapter 22: Family reunion, Joy! (Not)

If you haven't noticed I have added photos to some of the chapters, and I have gotten a new cover. The old one was so plain, so I made the new one. I hope it's alright. :)

Oh by the way! The photo of this chapter is Himawari's father. Yay!

Recap: Himawari goes home
We walked down the hall to the meeting room. Haruka quietly slid the door open. Inside I could see all of my close related family. Father, GrandFather (aka elder 1), both my sisters, and even Neji.

"Hello Family. How have ya been?" I smiled nervously. In some ways I was looking forward to this, but in others respects I didn't want to. That's just me being anxious I guess.

"Himawari..." My father sighed. "You've certainly grown up, haven't you?"

"Yeah, but don't worry, I grew up in a superb way!" I laughed while winking and doing a peace sign. I could tell that my grandfather didn't like that much, but Old people be old! I don't like him that much anyway.

Suddenly, my father started walking towards me. I instinctively took a step back while looking at him with a confused expression. What is he doing? I suddenly realized, I was being hugged.

"W-what?" I exclaimed quietly because all of my breath had left me.

"I'm just glad my daughter is finally home." He told me finally releasing me. I had missed my family, but I know one that, probably, didn't miss me as much.

"Even so. She can't expect to go without punishment for her actions." My Grandfather, whom I was thinking so fondly of, said.

"Of course she will be punished in someway, but it seems like she had a reason. Also, her journey doesn't seem like a waste." My father defended me.

"Yes." I interrupted. "I do have a reason."

"What is it?" My grandfather asked skeptically.

"I refused to become another bird in a cage for you to control. As the younger twin, I would have got the curse mark of the Hyuga. I simply cannot allow somebody to control me, but I've heard that my older sister would not be the next head anyway. In that case I'm glad for have leaving. I would never want to control this clan, so I'm quite happy that my precious little sister won't have to have that mark as well." I finished.

"Your being quite positive." Isobu remarked.

"It's been a while, Isobu. Plus, positivity is the best way to go. I'm not exactly sure how this is going down." I responded to him. "If I were to tell them that Neji was the one who persuaded me to leave, what would happen to him?"

"I suppose..." He trailed off.

"I guess you leaving prevented your younger sibling from it, but who knows what you were doing when you were gone. You could have been sharing our secrets."

"Himawari wouldn't share the Hyuga's secrets." Neji voiced from the sidelines. "She is loyal to the Leaf, and I know it was her fate to leave the village. Just as it was for her to come back."

"Oh, and why would you defend her? Is there a reason?" Grandfather interrogated.

"I-" He started. I gave him a glare. Don't say anything. Before he could continue I spoke.

"It really doesn't matter. After all, I have more or less abandoned the Gentle Fist Taijutsu style. For the opponent I had, I could ever beat her with it. I may have once been a prodigy of it, but now, I'm better at Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, and other things." I informed taking the attention off Neji. "Really, the only thing I use the Byakugan for anymore is searching for things, and looking at chakra of other people. I suppose I am still adept at some moves, but I could hardly care less about the secrets techniques."