Chapter 30: Himawari's past arc. Part one

I don't own this photo. It's really pretty, nice job whoever made it.

This is Himawari's past arc. Told by both Chikako and Himawari this is the story that Himawari told Hinata. It is the the tale that starts when Hima leaves up until she joins Zabuza. Thank you, please enjoy. This will help clear up the mysteries of Chikako and why she is how she is.

It's been almost a month since I left home. I've been running. I've been chased. But they couldn't catch me. Even with their best trackers they couldn't catch me, and the couldn't ask the other villages to keep an eye out. If they did that more people would search for me just to steal my eyes.

I was running as fast, as I have been for hours now. My breath was short, and it made tiny clouds against the chill air when I breathed out. My shirt wasn't doing any help against the cold of the night.

Striking me out of my daze was a sound. It was a snap. It made me stop suddenly on the branch I was on. The snap was followed by the crunch of leaves that had long fallen off their branches.

I looked down to see two men, and a child? If they looked up they would see me. The men didn't look to be too intelligent. After all, I could hear them coming, so if they are ninja then they aren't skilled one. However, neither am I.

They stopped. Not right below, but they were close enough I couldn't move without one noticing. A positive side of their location was I could see them more clearly.

One man was lanky, tall for the normal sized person. He had a sharp look about him, and I'm assuming it wasn't him making the man would notice me first. Conversely, the Other man was short, horizontally forward if I might add. He had a funny look in his face. It was as if he really didn't care about what was happening.

The thing I noticed the most though was their lack of Leaf headbands. I sighed silently in relief. Though that didn't mean they weren't dangerous. Especially, since the girl looked terrified yet calm.

She had long white hair that was stained with mud and leaves. I could tell she was older than me maybe two or so years. Her stormy grey eyes were tired and intelligent, yet they seemed to hold a past liveliness. It was if this girl was waiting for something.

"Kabe." I heard the taller man say. "Tie her to the tree. We are gonna camp here."

"Right, Shoji!" Kabe saluted to him grabbing... Ninja wire?! I mean I guess don't judge by appearances. Even so, it looks like Shoji... He the brains. I get rid of him and Kabe might not know what to do.

Wait! What am I thinking?! I'm thinking as if I'm going to help them. Why should I help this girl? What's in it for me?

In the middle of my thoughts I felt those piercing eyes. Looking down I saw two stormy orbs looking at me. I couldn't tell the emotion, but she wasn't scared. This girl didn't look like she was well... She was expecting something. Before I could even begin to place it she got a frantic look. She darted her eyes behind me.

I turned around as fast as I could, but My speed wasn't enough. Though I turned around I felt wire rap around me tightly. I was pulled to the third man. This man was short, skinny, and looked like a child, but the man beard told me otherwise.

"Looks like we got two to sell." The man's voice was deep. "Kabe, here."

I was thrown harshly at the pudgy man. He roughly caught me paying no attention to to his strength.

"What are your intentions?" I finally said something. I was scared, but I refuse to show it.

"Ahh.... How nice of you to ask, but..." He smiled before turning dark. Shoji grabbed my short brown hair and slammed my head against the tree. "Slaves only talk when talked to."

Slave traders! That's who these people are! I knew I should have left. I should not have stayed in these woods. Even so that girl...

"Dai, send a message to them, saying that we now have drew available. A girl and a guy." Shoji ordered.

Wait!? G-guy? I'm not a guy. I mean sure my hair is short and it covered my eyes, but it was soft like a girls. There might be mud on my face, but I still had feminine features. I do look like a boy....

"Oh wow." I sighed deeply. This day wasn't going as planned. Well lately none of my life has gone as planned. Shoji tied me to the tree next to the girl.

She was glaring at me. What's her deal? It's not like it's my fault this girl got caught.

"What's your name?" She whispered to me.

Startled I kinda jumped. Nobody has asked me for my name in over a month. I've been alone. I haven't had to use my name, but if they thought I was a boy I could use that to my advantage.

"My name is Hi-Hiro." I replied trying to sound sure of my self. Hiro was a unisex name anyway. "Yours?"

"I have no reason to tell you." She stuck her nose in the air.

"Brat." I muttered, but apparently she heard me.

"What did you call me!" She shouted trying to hit me, but she was restrained by the wire.

I looked wide eyed around. She stared at me before realizing her mistake. Luckily for us nobody noticed, the men were all to busy to notice us. Their mistake could be my fortune though. If they weren't paying attention I could easily escape.

I couldn't reach the blade in my pocket, but I had another idea. As much as I hated it I had gotten this bad habit. Nail biting. They were sharp and ragged making it easy to cut the wire. As they men slowly fell asleep, I started to cut the wire.

My fingers got cut in the process, but I ignored it for the purpose of escaping. Finally the last wire was cut. I held the wire in place to make it appear that I was still tied. Much like a owl, I would wait until the dead of night when nobody will notice to strike, or in this case escape.

As the one on watch slowly closed his eyes, I felt something. Guilt. Why was I feeling guilty. The girl... I couldn't just leave her. Could I? It's not like I even know her. Why should I help people I don't know? Augh!?

I released the wire and grabbed the small blade hidden in my pocket. I couldn't reach it before. Swiftly I cut the wire and grabbed her hand. Before she could even react I started sprinting.

"I don't need your help!?" The girl screamed as loud as she could. I heard a scream for behind us. They noticed. She again found her mistake.

If I was a silent night owl, then she was a parrot. A day type, bright and noticeable. Two different types of people.

We tried to run more, but the men surrounded us faster. There was no way to escape from this. I can't take them on myself, and I don't know if this girl has any skills.

"Well, I give up." I sighed once again.

I was ready to give up until I felt the earth shake. I looked around, everybody seemed surprised.

The earth started to crack, and in a flash the men were swallowed whole. It left the girl and I alone.

Speaking of the girl she was looking excited. She was grinning for the first time. I looked where she was looking and saw a red haired women.

"Takara!" The girl shouted jumping into Takara's arms.

20 likes
20 comments