Chapter 25: It turns out Owl Saliva doesn't wash out.

Who won the competition? I'm going to get straight to the point and say Shikamaru!
Yes it may be disappointing to some of you, but there are loads of Gaara love stories and we need more Shikamaru. Besides I can always make a Gaara story later.

"Ahhhhhhhhh." I screamed terrified. "I always imagined I would die in battle, not like this!" Right before Chirika shut her beak I could see Jiraiya and Naruto screaming at me, yet I couldn't hear them.

I was in shock. Many things had happened in my life, but this definitely got in my top five weirdest things. What exactly was weird? Well, a giant owl swallowed me.

I guess I can't exactly say swallow, after all I had taken my sword and jammed it in her throat. This kept me hanging I one spot. My feet were dangling and I could feel her internal heat. It wasn't pleasant knowing that I very well could be killed here.

Third pov.

"Himawari!!!" Naruto screamed watching his friend be swallowed by the giant owl. Naruto got ready to run to attack the owl in hopes that it would upchuck his friend. Before he could, Jiraiya stopped him.

"Pervy-sage! We need to save Hima-chan!" Naruto continued to struggle.

"No!" Jiraiya yelled getting Naruto's attention. "This is her trail. She needs to do this on her own."

Naruto reluctantly agreed and sat down on the ground intently watching to see what his friend would do.

Himawari's pov.
Suddenly, her whole body shuddered. I could feel Chirika cough and hack because I wasn't going down. How am I going to get out of here? Maybe I could use a water jutsu and flood her stomach. Or I could use paper bombs. Water. Less chance of Internally hurting her.

Reaching for my ninja pouch I pulled out two water scrolls. I quickly swiped my finger across them releasing all the water. I quickly held my breath as I felt water rushing around. Only a second or so later I could feel my body rush upward and into the air.

Before, I could hit the ground I could feel myself hit somebody. However, it wasn't a soft catch. I could feel us slam backwards into the ground. Looking up I saw Naruto. He had scrapes across his body, but overall he seemed fine.

"Thanks, Naruto..." I groaned standing on my own two feet. "But don't help me anymore. This is my fight. I'm going to prove to her that I am the one who summoned her."

Naruto looked at me hesitant. With a confident face I glared at him to leave it to me. Obviously, he got it because he gave me a wide grin with his thumbs up.

"Go Hima-chan!" Naruto shouted jogging backward. I gave him a grin before turning back to Chirika.

I quickly unsheathed my katana and pointed it at her. The sun was reflecting off of the pale surface of my blade. At first glance it appeared to be very fragile and thin, but that was to people who knew nothing about it. It's fragile like nature made it slice through wind. Putting emphasis on fragile like, this blade would hold. It would take a lot for Nadare to crack.

"I'm going to prove to you that I am truthful, for why would I lie!?" I yelled lunging forward.

I went to jump, but before I could she caught me with her talon. However, she was surprisingly gentle. She looked at me with inquisitive eyes, so when she unwrapped her talon so I could just stand I didn't move.