Chapter 32

Merlin stood by the door waiting for something from Isabella saying that she had arrived safely but as time passed he received nothing. He was beginning to worry that something had happened and his worry was conformed when a panicked peasant came running through the doors saying that they were looking for Gaius.

Merlin rushed to the person and said, "What is the matter? What has happened?"

The man looked at Merlin and said, I was walking through the forest looking for herbs when I saw a big beast carrying a young girl with blonde hair. I moved to where I saw them coming from and saw that there was a pool of blood by a rock and rushed here."

Merlin's heart stopped as he knew that it was her, he should have gone with her. He thanked the man and ran to the Grand Hall where the wedding was taking place. Pushing open the door, he crushed the wedding. Arthur looked at him and saw the worry on his face. Arthur looked at Angela and she looked at him.

Merlin stepped forward and said, "Arthur! It's Isabella. I think she's been hurt."

Arthur moved away from Angela and took his ring from her finger. He walked to Merlin and started to leave. Angela stomps her foot then screamed,

"Arthur! Come back here, we are not finished!"

"Miss, I am sorry but this wedding is canceled and will not resume."

Arthur grabbed a sword and together they ran to the forest, in search for Isabella. Merlin explained what he was told and they brought the man with them as well to show them where he had seen the beast and the blood. Merlin moved forward towards the place and noticed a trail of scarlet blood heading in one direction.

He bent down to touch it, it was fresh. Arthur then saw a stone full of the scarlet fluid. They looked at each other and knew that something had happened. If the blood on the ground and stone was still fresh then that means that she must have been taking not so long ago. She might still be and if they didn't find her soon she would lose too much and might just die. "Arthur I think she still bleeding and she is going to die if we don't find her soon."

"She cannot die, I need her, and the Kingdom will need her because she will be my Queen." Arthur said as they looked around even more. Sounds echoed through the forest and suddenly a massive beast leapt from the trees. Arthur and Merlin moved back and the beast ran forward, they all turned and ran.

They made it back to Camelot and went straight to Gaius as he might know what the beast was.

"What you have described sounds like the Questing Beast from the Old Religion. One bite and you die. Merlin you think that this beast faced Isabella and she is somewhere in a cave. Arthur you said that you saw a stone covered in blood. Isabella may be in big trouble."