Chapter 3

The sun shone brightly, making Isabella's green eyes open. She blinked a couple of times, letting her eyes adjust to the light. She then got out of bed and made her way quietly made her way to her mothers room to check on her. She seemed to be peacefully sleeping. Isabella then went to the kitchen and saw Jesse on the floor, spread out. Laughing she continued into the kitchen. She quickly made some food and then went back to her mothers room.

She opened the door and went through but something seemed a little off. Something wasn't right. There was no sound. It was silent. Too silent. Isabella walked closer to the bed and noticed that her mother still seemed to be sleeping. She gently shook her. Her mother did not awake. Isabella tried again but nothing seemed to work. Isabella's heart started to beat very fast. The color drained from her face as she gazed at the pale body of her beloved mother just lying lifelessly on her bed.

Her heart became increasingly sore as she collapsed to the floor. Her mother. She was such a good person. Her father was not even here. Suddenly she was interrupted as she heard the sound of galloping horse shoes. She got up and went to the door not bothering to wipe away the tears.

She opened the door and slowly walked outside. A couple of horses rode though the property's gates and onto the grass. Next her father came. She smiled a bit, but it then faded and the tears started falling again. Her father saw her and quickly jumped off of his horse and ran towards her. They engulfed each other in a massive hug. The tears kept falling. She closed her eyes and looked back at her father as he pulled away. "Isabella, my dear, what is the problem?" Isabella couldn't even find the words. She just started crying even harder than before. Her father's eyebrow knitted together and she walked into the house beckoning home to follow her. "Isabella where is your mother?" She took a deep breath as the tears continued falling.

She just walked and he followed. She stopped at the door. She pushed it open. Her father then walked in and and he collapsed.

*A few days later.*

Isabella stood next to her father, watching the scene in front of her absentmindedly. She watched as they carefully dug a hole in the ground. Her eyes followed the men as they gently placed the wooden coffin in the hole. There were no words left to say. There was no more emotion in anyone. The grave stone was then placed at the head of the grave. Isabella took hold of the small pink rose and slowly walks towards the stone, the soft tears landed on the light petals of the rose.

Isabella brought the Rose to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on it before placing it on the cold floor of the grave

Isabella brought the Rose to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on it before placing it on the cold floor of the grave. Just then it started to rain as if the world was crying with her. She slowly turned around and followed her father to the house. Once they were inside her father turned to her and said, "I need to tell you something."