Chapter 13

*Previously*

Lastly she slipped the delicate lace mask on her eyes and then headed out where she met......

None other Merlin sitting in the carriage waiting for her.

*Present*

"Merlin!" Isabella gasped as the familiar man stepped towards her, he embraced her a hug and she giggled as she hugged him back. She pulled away from him and said, " Merlin, what are you doing here, you should be next to Arthur at this moment!" Merlin raised his eyebrow at her before saying,

" Arthur has been talking about you non-stop ever since you left the castle, every time I see you he asks me questions about you. He wants to see you so badly that I said, that he should host a ball and invite all eligible maidens in hopes that he might see you, so he did. But then your sister, Abby came to me and told me that your step-mother and step-sister weren't going to let you go the ball, so together we planned a way for you to go the ball. She got you the dress and mask while I arranged the other things. Now just remember that you have to keep your identity hidden, so that your step-mother wouldn't recognize you. You have to meet me by the carriage by midnight in order to get back to house before your step-mother and sisters."

Isabella was astonished by the kindness of Abby, who she had only noticed now, had always been there to help with anything she needed. Merlin gently grabbed her hand and pulled her to the carriage. The inside of the carriage was white and the seats were soft.

Isabella looked out of the window the whole time and she could feel the nerves slowly creeping up to her as they neared the castle that was bright and filled with people. Merlin noticed this and gently took her hand in his and kissed it saying, "Do not worry, Izzy. Everything will be alright. "

They pulled up to the cobblestone front of the castle that lead to the grand staircase that lead to the large oak door, for the first time were open inviting everyone in. The carriage came to a halt at the staircase and Isabella took a deep breath as Merlin climbed out of the carriage and landed on the floor. She slowly stepped out and followed him to the base of the stairs.

"We are about ten minutes late so that you should make quiet  a impact on the people!" Merlin said as the two slowly started walking up the stairs. Slowly Merlin moved further away and let Isabella walk up on her own.

Her fingers slowly moving to the beat of the soft music she could hear coming from the ball. She slowly ascended the stairs until she reached a door , she knocked and the door swung open. Behind it stood a grand staircase and below that stood thousands upon thousands of people. She slowly made her way down the stairs and as soon she as she reached the bottom she was surrounded by men, but that group split into two rows, and the man that she had become so close with came walking down with ease and then stopped in front of her.

She looked up into his blue eyes, and whispered barely audible, "Arthur."