Chapter 27

After a while of riding they arrived at the gates of Camelot. They rode into the courtyard and Isabella jumped off of her horse and headed inside with Merlin by her side.

"Isabella, let me take you to Gwen, you need to change out of those as they are torn and since you are going to see Arthur, you should look nice." Merlin grinned at her.

She shook her at him but followed him anyway. They arrived at Gwen's room and pushed the door open. There on the bed were Gwen and Lancelot. Isabella laughed as the two jumped away from each other. Lancelot was one of Arthur's knights and he was courting Gwen. They were so in love it was cute. That was what Isabella wanted but she could never have what she wanted for she was in love with a Prince. Since she was a servant and he was a Prince it would never happen.

Gwen smiled when saw Isabella and they hugged while Merlin said, "Gwen could you please give Izzy a dress as she has been summoned to Arthur's chambers and her dress is torn."

Gwen raised an eyebrow at Isabella but Isabella shrugged her shoulders saying that she didn't know why he wanted her to go to his private chambers. Merlin left and Gwen gave Isabella a pretty pink dress and helped her change. Gwen looked at her and said, "Izzy, I know why Arthur wants to see you. I just hope that you make the right choice, and remember if you need a shoulder to cry on. I'm never too far away." When they were done, Gwen walked with Isabella to Arthur's chambers.

Gwen knocked on the oak doors and a deep voice called, "Come in."

Gwen gave Isabella a little push when she noticed that Isabella hadn't moved, whispering a good luck as she quickly left. Isabella walked into the room and noticed Arthur sitting at the table in his chamber. In front of him was a plate of food and another plate set across from him. Arthur looked up and when he saw that it was Isabella, he quickly stood up and bowed to her, she then curtsied to him.

"Good Afternoon, Izzy. Please take a seat." He said as he watched her, she closed the door and walked to the seat opposite him. He looked at her and then spoke, "Why did you change, you weren't wearing this dress when you left." She looked at him before replying, "Um, my dress tore so Gwen lent me this dress until I get back to my work place."

Arthur looked at her, before taking a deep breath. He looked at her and told her to have the food in front of her. She looked at the food then at Arthur. Isabella noticed that he seemed nervous so she said, "Sire, I uh, I wanted to thank you. You bought my baby. My Rusty. I am really thankful to you."

He smiled at her and said, "It was my pleasure, and I thought that maybe if your horse is here then you would come back."

She looked at him and then said, "But why would you want me to come back?"

He looked at her and then slowly said, "Isabella, I called you to my chambers because I need to talk to you."

Isabella looked at him a little nervous at what he could possibly say. He took in a deep breath before saying,

"Isabella, I know that you're My Cinderella. I know that it was you and I don't normally do this like this, but I can't wait anymore. I Love you Isabella. As you should know I am to be King soon and as the King I need my Queen, and.............. I want it to be you."

Isabella was shocked and lost for words, Arthur noticed this and got up out of his seat kneeling before Isabella with his hands resting on the arm rests of the chair. She took in a shaky breath as he continued his little speech, "Isabella, I have loved you since the day I saw you and I need you to be my Queen."

She sighed and looked into Arthur's beautiful icy blue eyes, before saying, "Arthur, I love you too.......... But I cannot be Queen. I am not worthy of being a Queen. I am sorry to have to say this, but you need to find someone who is worthy of being your Queen. I love you Arthur, but I am not ready for this-" he cut her sentence off by placing his lips on hers. They kissed for a while until Isabella pulled away, she looked into his eyes, while tears ran down her. He lifted his hand and wiped her tears away and she started talking again, "Arthur. I love you, but I am sorry." With that she managed to get past him and run out of the room, but before she was completely she heard him say,

"I will wait until you're ready. I will you as my wife and the Queen of Camelot alongside me. I will wait to the day I die."