Chapter 31: Uncompleted Mission

Comenzar desde el principio

I see Giovanni slowly come out of a dark corner with Nick. "Lana I thought we discussed that this was going to be a quiet secret mission." He emphasises the word quiet, "What is the idiot doing here?" He grumbles and gives Christian, his famous icy glare.

Christian hurries on his feet and closes the distance between Giovanni and him. "Look macho man. I don't know who you think you are or why you think y-"

"Lana get this idiot out of my face, or I'm going to make a hole in his face." I watch as Giovanni stands above Christian by five inches and starts to turn a deep shade of red.

I get in the middle of both of them and push them away.

God it feels like I'm the adult here.

"How about the both of you stop acting like little kids," I direct this at Giovanni because he's the oldest one here. "..and stay quiet. So let's go to the trees outside and hide." I walk my way outside the warehouse and I hear total silence until I hear a whistle coming from Nick.

I take a look at my rose gold watch and nod to the guys when there's five mintues left then Luca is going to arrive.

The plan was that we were going to let every person out there know, that we were selling some really illegal drugs in a warehouse. But Luca is the one who's going to make the business deal and with one of Giovanni's guys. And if there's going to be backup from the bitch then we're also prepared for that.

"Lana, Luca's coming." Giovanni whisper-yells

We look towards the direction of the way where Luca is pulling in and I watch as he gets out the car and enters the warehouse.

Then five minutes later the other guy comes to make the deal and enters the place too.

Now we wait for the bitch.

Gosh my ankles are starting to hurt from squating too long.

"Hey Christian. Hand me my little flash light. I think I saw a bug." I whisper to Christian, frantically, though I don't bother glancing at him. My eyes are just waiting for the fbi lady who is taking their precious time. "Christian gi-. . ." I look towards Christian and I find him asleep. "Really, you literally fell alseep on the tree, sitting down?" I shake my head, then I sneak a peak at Giovanni, who's just very concetrated on something and I don't think it's the idea of catching the agent. He looks the same as yesterday.

I walk over to him, squat down to his level and Nick leaves, giving us some privacy, and also a sad smile. I don't really question his sad smile, so I move on.

I turn towards Giovanni but he doesnt bother to look at me. "Have you thought of what you're going to do with the fbi agent or whatever?"

"Yes."

"Oh. And what are you going to do?" I ask curiously.

"Place her in one of our cells and well the rest is just for people in the family to know."

I scoff and stand up to leave. He's still being bitchy.

"Wait." He grabs my arm softly and pulls me down again. ". . C-Can you tell me why you were crying the day. . . we-"

"I know which day. It's not like we've done it 20 times." I sigh heavily and look to see if Christian is still asleep, which he is but Nick is starting to pile leaves everywhere on Christian's body. "Trust me when I say that it didn't involve you. It was something stupid that involved someone else, but that person is long gone. Well he's not dead but I wish he was." God Lana that's such a vicious thought.

"Then why don't you make that happen?" He suggests, but that's something that I don't think I can do yet. Or I just can't do at all.

I stay quiet and rub my thighs. I thought I was going to do that but now that I think about it, I don't think I can.

"So you still have feelings for him, huh?" He says it with a bit humor but I think it was laced with bitterness.

"Look Giovanni. If I had feelings for him I would be chasing after him not over here wasting my time catching that dumb bitch!" I realize I was getting a little loud so I get quiet again. "I don't like him anymore but that doesn't mean I can kill someone whom I was in love with. Do you understand that I can't change the fact that we--. . ." I look away and think about my next words because I'm not sure that Liam loved me back. ". . . I can't change the fact that I loved him. But that's in the past. And it's not like we" I point to him and I "can be together anyways. Our families would disaprove." I shrug and look away sadly, because I finally realize that I like Giovanni. Like actually like him.

"Do yo-" he stutters and coughs, "do you want us to be together?" He looks at me with guilty green eyes and I can't help think about that day when we talked at the balcony, and the moon was shining bright on his face. I loved how his thick shaped eyebrows when he frowned. And his full pink lips with his perfect nose. God everything about him was perfect. The beard that was almost there but it was neatly shaved which made him look older and gorgeous.

My expression softens. "Of-

"Someone's coming!" Nick whisper-yells. Giovanni and I quickly look towards the gray car. The car slows down, twelve feet away from the warehouse and a guy comes out of the driver's seat.

"It's been done Giovanni!" The stranger yells out towards us. He looks at the bushes at where we're hidden and I start to breath rigidly. How did he know? And what does he mean?

Something in my back pocket begins to vibrate and I take it out. It's Chris. Ugh didn't I tell him that I will be back home later. But as I unlock my phone I see that they are four unread messages.

Chris: Something has happened

Chris: Where are you?!

Chris: lana!!!

Chris: Are you okay??

What the fuck is happening?

I watch as Nick nods to Giovanni and Luca and the other guy comes out to stand with the stranger that just came. Are they stupid? Don't they know that he's probably one of the agents?

I'm just completely baffled right now. More confused then when I wake up in the morning with a hangover wondering where I am.

I just hoped that nothing will happen to anyone around me. But I had to admit that I just didn't want anything to happen to Giovanni, he was the one who I was more worried about.