Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls

Start from the beginning

Obeying, I take his big hand in mine and he places his lips to mine to give me a quick sweet kiss before placing his other hand over my mouth to quiet me.

"I love you," he tells me softly.

Breathing rapid breaths, I feel a sweat break loose as I prepare myself for the next contraction.

Rangel looked worried and nervous as he had no idea how to deliver a baby.

But if it was anybody delivering my baby at this moment, I'd want it to be him and not the nurse back at camp.

Screaming with tears due to pain welling in my eyes, I push with sweat rolling down my temples.

Gritting my teeth, I push again with myself quickly breathing as the pain worsened and struck my lower stomach...

The baby wasn't budging outwards as he should be... The pain was inhumane...

Rangel takes his hand off my mouth for a second and I gaze at him.

"Rang....I...can't," I breathlessly say, not being able to explain what was happening.

"Yes you can," he sternly tells me.

He places his hand over my mouth as I scream again, tears now streaming my cheeks as I felt the contractions morphing my abdomen.

The baby was still unmoving as I pushed...

I bite Rangel's hand in agony and he swears but still holds it there as I wailed and cried.

"Is there anything I can do?" Rangel asks, his face showing pain from seeing me suffer.

He takes his hand off my mouth and I take in a deep, shuddering breath.

"Kiss me," I breathe, wanting the feel his lips on mine with his familiar sweet taste that I was addicted to.

Rangel didn't need to be told twice, he leaned down and kissed me so deeply at first that I gasped. His tongue surfed my mouth before he sucked at my collarbones, causing my toes to curl.

He sits up quickly and places his hand over my mouth when I go to scream again.

My whole lower body felt as if it was going to split apart due to the pain I was experiencing... The ripping pain cutting at me as I screamed and cried.

"Rang, I fear something is wrong," I get out, after pulling his hand off my mouth. The contractions have calmed for a moment for me to take a breath.

"You're fine," Rangel assures,"As long as I'm here to watch over you and deliver this baby, nothing wrong is going to happen."

"No, I don't think this is how-" I scream, the pain splitting down my whole spine with rippling pain in my stomach.

"The baby-" I shriek, "Its-Its-"

I couldn't get the rest of the words out as I breathed and wailed. My stomach was quickly rising and falling, sweat covering my whole body.

Rangel leans on top of me and reaches inside of me, knowing what I meant.

Feeling his hand searching for the baby, I grit my teeth and groan.