Chapter 14- His Hidden Thoughts

-------------------------------------------

Dear Journal,
My life started out grand, my parents loved me and cared for me as if I weren't a monster with odd eyes..
They called me "unique" through the beginning of my childhood, always having great faint in me being successful in the life of my future.

That was, until my true well being went unleashed when I was thirteen...

Abilities and the power I had, I had no control and no common sense to think it could all mean horrifying consequences...-

"Estelle, you okay?" I hear Rangel ask me through my dark room.

I throw my blanket over my head as he flips on my fan light, shoving Leon's journal under my pillow quickly to not be seen.

After the whole dinner being 'nasty' and 'too burnt to eat' even though I had dished it out anyways, the boys basically exploded on me.

All the sexist comments thrown my way...
"Why do we have a girl roomie when she can't even cook?"

"We should have her for dinner then."

I raced upstairs disgusted, slamming my door and burying myself in Leon's hidden thoughts.

"Yeah, go and enjoy the game with Jackle," I reply. "Don't worry about me."

Rangel yanks the blanket from me, my heart racing as he sat down next to me, gazing at my red cheeks and puffy eyes from feeling weak and inferior.

"Don't look at me like that," I say, voice congested. "I do everything for you guys, then you treat me like shit. Screw off, Rangel."

He reaches for me sympathetically, but I scoot backwards against my headboard.

"Just leave," I murmur.

Rangel lingers on my bed for awhile as I stare at him sternly. until he finally lets out a long sigh and stands.

"Alright, but never say I didn't try to apologize," he says.

Watching him leave with heavy footsteps, he closes my door after him, mumbling voices on the other side.

Having to strain my ears to listen in...

"Dude, she's pissed off," Rangel informs.

"No, I expected her to be skipping through a flowery meadow, you dumbass," Jackle smarts off.

"I'm always having to pick up after your messes, how about you fix yourself this time, Jack," Rangel offers.

Jackle laughs, a deep rumble.
"We're talking about Estelle here, bro."

"So?"

"So, she'll get over it like she always does. Trust me, girls are weird," Jackle explains.

"You could say that again," Rangel chuckles.

"Now, come on, we're missing out on the game," Jackle tells him, their footsteps becoming distant.

Sighing, I pull Leon's journal from my pillows, lifting the silk bookmark that marked where I was...

The main consequence of letting myself teleport, read minds, feel other's literal pain, and much other unknown abilities was me having to get kicked from my lovely home.