Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls

--------------------------------------

It felt endless...

Feeling the thumps of Rangel's footfalls, the impact of every quick step causing me to bounce up and down in his strong hold.

I was slowly losing hope as the farther Rangel ran into the forest, no clearing visible in the thickness of the trees.

Pains of the baby kicking me was no help as he was very unpleased with the bouncing around happening, causing me to want to throw up and curl into a ball.

Most mothers would be excited to feel their babies kick, the smiles on their faces as they holler for their husbands.

Hurrying, the husbands would run to place their hands on their wife's belly to feel the life thriving inside....

But that was completely opposite for me. I didn't want Rangel to have to feel this baby, let alone ever have to hold it or father it later on. I didn't want this burden to cause greater problems as it was already causing more and more as the months stretched on. I'm surprised he even wants to drag my slutty ass through this damn forest...-

"Estelle, I think we've lost them for a little while," Rangel breaths rapidly, laying me in the long grass as he hunched over and hyperventilated.

"Rang, are you going to be okay?" I question with concern. 

He smiles to me.

"Of course," he inhales, "I'd carry you to hell and back if that's what it takes for us to be free together."

Feeling ashamed for him to say those words to me, I don't respond or look back into his eyes. Instead, I look up to the many branches looming above blocking out the sun.

I don't deserve to look into his eyes or even be here for that matter. He's too good for me, he deserves to be with a girl who actually will strongly be in the relationship with him and not sleep with another guy.

I truly belong to be used for the Alpha's needs.

A tear streams my cheek, then another and another...

Rangel comes and sits in the grass next to me, pulling me close in his lap until I laid against his chest. Rocking me, he wipes the tears away with his thumb.

"Don't worry, Es," he murmurs,"I'll get us home soon."

He places his other hand on my belly and that's when I stand up from his lap.

"Rangel, I can't let you accept me like this," I tell him. Tears were still wetting my rosy cheeks as I looked at him stand up to me and gaze down upon me.

"Estelle, I'll always accept you," he reassures me,"I love you."

"Don't say that," I say,"I don't deserve to be hearing that from you."

He kneels and hugs my waist, pressing his ear to my belly.

"Of course you deserve to hear those every words," Rangel tells me,"I love the baby you carry along with you. I love every part of you, and don't you ever think otherwise."

I pull away from him and scream, punching my stomach with loud sobs, "No, no, n-"

Rangel grabs my fists and my strength was easily overpowered by his as he laid me in the grass and climbed on top of me.