Chapter 21- Mistakes Uncovered

Chapter 21- Mistakes uncovered
----------------------------------------------

I watch Rangel leave my bedroom with a confident stride, leaving my door open as he always wants.

Going over to my closet, I hurry and open up the doors to only find emptiness.

Leon must of left after seeing Rangel and I accept each other and love on each other.

Feeling a slight pain to my chest, I tell myself to not let myself get upset cause I finally made up my mind with the best choice for me.

Needing him to understand this, I go over to my window and slide it up before jumping out and landing perfectly on my two feet.

"Estelle, where do you think you're  going?" I hear Rangel's voice from the front of the house. "You know how I feel about you being alone."

"Just walking over to Thea's and Stacey's," I tell him, completely lying.

If he knew I was once again going to see Leon, he'd kick my ass.... Literally.

"I'll take you there then," he says, walking over and greeting me with a gentle kiss, grasping my hand before we started walking.

Having mixed feelings with being open to everybody that we now are in a real relationship, I ignore all the stares until we reach the porch and knock on the door since he wouldn't leave me alone until I was inside.

"Estelle and Rangel!" Clara chirps upon opening the door to greet us both. "It seems like forever. Please, come in."

The way she looked at Rangel gave me the shivers... As if she was giving him some signal with her expressions.

"No thanks, Clara," he replies. "Es would love to though."

She raises an eyebrow, causing Rangel to drop my hand and shrug before the both of us entered.

Tugging on his shoulder to get him to slouch, I stand on my toes and whisper into his ear,"You've got some explaining to do later."

Seeing him stand straight and gaze down at me and nod, Clara looks to me then.

"Stacey is upstairs as usual," she tells me. "Has still been stressed over Jack. Maybe you can help her out."

Not wanting to leave Rangel with this 'Clara' girl, I decide to go upstairs and hide behind the corner of the wall.

Little did she know that Jackle came over and cleared things up with Stace not too long ago.... Guess I was free to eavesdrop on Rangel.

Quietly going down the staircase halfway, I sit down and watch as they both sat closely on the sofa together.

"Listen, I've got something to tell you," Clara says. "It's important."

"Clara, it's over," Rangel tells her sternly. "I've told you that it was a mistake."

"Rangel, what we had wasn't any mistake," she replies, taking his hands in hers, in which he just yanked away.

"I wasn't in my right mind-" he starts.

"Quit acting like I was some mistake to you," she sadly says. "You'll love me more then you'll ever love that short vampire thing."