Chapter 22- The Unexpected

-------------------------------------

I stride away from Leon's cabin, not feeling accomplished at all...

Leon will never understand my choices for now deciding to give Rangel a chance.

Huffing, I find myself going towards an empty picnic table by the pond and sitting down.

Folding my hands together, I grit my teeth in despair... Nothing will ever go my way.

I miss Leon.
His mysterious markings, his gentleness, his positiveness, his soothing husky voice, or his kind heart.

I try to tell myself that I'm making the best choice by giving Rangel a chance, but I'm starting to second question myself...

Laying my head down on the wood of the table, I grind my teeth together harder as I suddenly feel tears streaming my cheeks.

Surprisingly feeling a hand rub my back comfortingly, I jerk upright to meet Ozzy's soft eyes that were filled with worry.

Sighing in relief, I outreach my arms to have him grasp my hands and pull me to my feet before I hugged onto him.

"What is it now that you worry about?" He asks me, squeezing his muscular arms around me.

I crane my neck to look into his bright yellow eyes with my teary ones.

"I don't know if I'm making the best of choices for myself," I snuffle, enjoying the feel of his comfort.

"Estelle, you may act silly but you never fail in what you believe is right for yourself," Ozzy assures. "What's bothering you?"

"Do you think Rangel is good for me?" I question him. "I've been thinking of giving him a true chance to my heart."

"Everybody deserves a chance to prove to you that they've changed," Ozzy replies. "He may seem a dickhead, but-"

"No, Ozzy," I interrupt. "Is he good for me?"

Ozzy takes a step closer to me, placing both his hands on my shoulders as he searched my eyes.

"I'll always think no guy is great enough for a girl like you, Es," he tells me. "I honestly feel like beating all of their asses."

Smiling, I give him another tight hug. Ozzy was like a brother to me now and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

"But, why not give him a try?" Ozzy laughs, ruffling my hair. "He may not be all that bad. Plus, he is kind of your soulmate."

"Yeah, thanks Oz," I agree.

"Anything for you," he replies. "It's been awhile since I've gotten to talk to you."

"Well, I hope that all changes," I say, seeing him nod before patting my shoulder and striding away.

Watching him leave, I wipe the remaining tears from my cheeks and head to my cabin-

"Attention all CottonWood members," Alpha's voice booms throughout the camp through the loudspeakers. "There shall be a Ceremony tomorrow at dawn. Your outfits will be delivered to you then as usual. Be prepared and don't show up late or there will be awful consequences. That also means, Rangel Stevens and Estelle Edwards must attend as well."