Chapter 16- The Camp

-----------------------------

Slowly opening my heavy eyelids, I groan while smelling a fire burning nearby.

That's odd...

I never remember going to social group today-

"She's waking!" A guy hollers, causing my eyes to fly wide with alertness.

Making a move to get up and run, I feel rope dig deep into my wrists, the burn seething into my skin...

Screaming, I go to kick but only to have more rope dig tangled around my ankles.

"You bastards! Release me!" I shout, thrashing to only feel the rope dig deeper.

"You're not going anywhere. I suggest you answer some of our questions," the same guy who hollered says to me.

"I'll say nothing," I grit out, noticing I was tied to a wide tree by a campfire, all the guys sitting around me.

"You so sure about that?" Jared questions daringly, standing to come closer and squat in front of me.

"The faster you answer, the faster you get to leave," he assures, twirling a lock of my hair between his fingers.

"Answer what exactly?" I ask, shaking under his touch.

Jared notices my fear and grins with his finger tracing my jawline.

"Where you're little boyfriend is," he replies.

"Rangel? He was-" I start.

Jared smacks me, my eyes watering from the impact.

"You want to corporate now?" Jared growls.

Biting my tongue before saying what I was going to say, I take in a deep breath...

"I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only Rangel for me," I grit out my lie.

The lengths I go to...

Jared reaches in his back pocket, silver shinning off a knife's blade.

He lifts it to my cheek, pressing the blade down just enough to nick the skin, blood streaming down.

"I will carve your face my own personal tattoo!" He bellows, eyes glowing bright wispy white.  

Squeezing my eyes shut to his words, I feel him cut slightly deeper, my screams making his smile widen.

Thinking of Leon's many scars lining his chest, I shiver once more...

"How about some truth?" Jared questions.

"Screw off, Jared," I seethe, not wanting Leon to have to come back here.

After all, I know what it's like to live somewhere in hatred as if it was your very own hell on Earth...

"What's so special about some freak?" Jared asks. "Leon isn't stable."

"Look at yourself. You're cutting me!" I yell.

"I do what I have to do at times when little girls won't answer my damn questions," Jared spitefully fires back.

"Yeah, how does your Alpha feel about that?" I question, raising an eyebrow.