Chapter 1- The Hunt

Chapter 1- The Hunt
----------------

Running, all four paws plummeting the moist soil, heart pumping like wild hornets as I bolted after an innocent deer...

This was my life.

This was my life rather or not if I like it or enjoyed it.

Chasing after raw meat wasn't pleasant. I forced myself to think of the blood coursing through it as I hunted it down constantly.

Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump... The sound of the heartbeat loud in my ears.

The rest of the rogues here were having no trouble running after the vulnerable deer. They often glanced at me in challenge, knowing that I was a 'hybrid'.

'Keep up if you can' was what their eyes read.

But they didn't know anything of vampires. I could run probably faster then any other werewolf here, but all I try to do is fit in with the others around me.

Rain started to fall, clumping up into my thick coat of white fur. Howling came from my rogue partners as I noticed that Vance has attacked the deer down, ripping at it with his claws.

Their cheerful glee of noises only hurt my head, as I dangerously knew that our alpha will once again be ashamed of me.

Last time, he nearly held back from slashing my throat due to his frustration with me of not being able to get the kill when hunting...

Vance picked the deer off the leafy ground with his jaws as autumn was nearing. Blistery winds blew my fur in circles as rain pelted, but not fazing me as the other rogues tensed and slowed.

My blood was cold and my heart only ever pumped when I was in wolf transformation. It was an odd feeling to have my heart beat.

Fico neared Vance and he clawed the deer harshly, trying to free it from Vance's mouth.

Blood seeped into the soil in the process, causing my nose to sniff deeply and moan in pleasure.

This wasn't going to end up well....

Vance growled, taking his ground as he pounced slightly, trying to get Fico to back off.

But Fico only pounced higher, getting onto Vance's back and started to slash his skin.

Blood...

I haven't drank in days, my energy was low. I felt my eyes dilate.

Vance growled in anger, jerking his back up as he jumped, forcing Fico to get flown off, hitting a tree trunk nearby in the process. My vampire hearing detected the snap of bones in his ribs.

His howl of pain echoed in my brain, rattling my emotions to walk forward until I was nuzzling his nose with mine.

The other rouges ran off, leaving him and I alone together.

I could basically taste the blood pouring from his wounds, but I dare not to drink as I didn't want to be banished from this committee.

His transformation of being wolf faded due to his pain and injures. I mold down to human again as well, the both of us nude which wasn't an unusual sight for wolves. It came natural actually.

My mind screamed at me as I started my attempt to calm his groans of pain with strokes of my hand over his brow.

His amber eyes of a werewolf glared daggers into my cherry red ones.

"Get the hell out of here," he orders me, his healing ability was sealing up his fractured ribs quickly,"no one needs you."

"No, I may stay here as long as I please," I say confidently, ignoring his negative comments about me.