Chapter 26- Getaway

Chapter 26- Getaway
----------------------------

The moon shone down, the stars gleaming brightly down on the mushy, grassy soil as I dragged my feet back to my cabin.

I still feel the Alpha's hands rubbing up and down my body which gives me the chills.

His words are a constant ring through my head before I left his Headquarters... 'Estelle, you'll accept us eventually. Once I match your little Rangel away you'll be lonely. And Estelle, that's why we're perfect for each other, both you and me. We both can't stand loneliness and for that matter, we're alike in many other ways'.

Shaking my head of the thought, I smack myself across both cheeks, not wanting to ever second think those words to be actually true.

I had to get to Rangel.

Rushing to the porch of the cabin while ignoring odd looks thrown my way as usual, I pull the front door open hastily.

Running up the stairs, I run right to Rangel's bedroom. Opening his door, I see his room to be empty.

Of course...

Sighing, I make my way back out of his bedroom, searching for any small pieces of paper that might of been a note saying that he left to go somewhere. But I don't know why he'd leave a note when he knows I've been locked up-

Just when I was about to walk out of his bedroom, a note falls out of the door jam and flutters to my bare feet.

I know him all so well.

Unfolding it, I read his messy handwriting...

The setting sun shone on us with its colorful rays lifting up the skies with oranges and pinks. You have your head on my chest and grab my hand, holding it with your small one and play with my fingers with your slender fingers. There was a heartbreak here between us, me pulling the ring off your finger that day. Where am I?
                                 -Rang

Shoving it in my pocket, I jump down the banister instead of taking the stairs, not even putting on shoes as I grab the doorknob-

"Estelle, what the hell are you doing back here?" Jackle questions me.

I look at him with my hand still gripped onto the knob.

"Turns out the alpha wasn't interested in locking me up," I reply, shrugging. "He has other plans to do with me."

"As in?" Jackle farther questions me.

"As in none of your businesss, Jackle," I remark, dashing out the door and slamming it behind me.

Feeling mud sink between my toes and I sprint across the soil, I make my way over to the glistening water of the pond.

Seeing Rangel sitting on the bench alone, I stop in my tracks and start to approach slowly and calmly.

Taking a deep breath to prepare myself, I step in front of him to see him peak up and jump to his feet right away.

Picking me off my feet and swinging me around in a circle, he squeezes me tightly against his solid chest.

"How'd you know I'd be back today?" I question him.