Chapter 5- Hidden Within

-------------------------------

Thoughts haunted my mind, littering my conscious as I ran side-by-side next to Leon.

Feet thundering the ground, heart racing with sweat tickling my forehead... My brain fought against the urge, until I finally gave in and daydreamed a memory from the past...

"I'm going to miss you, little sis," Lily told me, wrapping her arms around my torso while tightly squeezing me, causing my breaths to get cut off,"it's a shame that I couldn't meet you sooner."

I sympathetically smiled at her, my eyes looking up into her stunning blue ones that were just like our brother's.

The only way I even look relatively close to them would be my freckly cheeks.

"It's going to be like losing a limb when I go out that front door," I say to her, pulling back.

Lily blankly looks ahead in thought until she snuffles, yanking something from her neck.

"Here, I want you to take this to remember me bye," she explains, a tear slipping down her cheek,"we'll never be separated as long as you wear it."

My sobs caught in my throat, eyes growing puffy and glazed,"You're never to be forgotten, my sister."

My hand gripped the necklace, gazing at the two silver hands cupping onto a glossy, shiny pearl.

"One hand shall be yours and the other mine, we'll never fully be parted this way," Lily had spoken, her chest heaving with emotion.

"You're the best, Lil," I say,"don't let anyone else tell you otherwise."

She grabbed my hand, sadly searching my cherry red eyes with flecks of yellow.

"I always dreamed of not having a little sister, Es," Lily quietly cries,"but, if I had made the choice to not meet you, my heart would be missing a piece now."

I place my other hand on hers, reassuringly squeezing.

"You're making me weepy," I complain, laughing slightly as tears streamed my rosy cheeks.

Anguish would be the perfect word to describe my pain at this moment...

Lily chuckles quietly, pulling me into another bear hug which forced me to stand on my tippy toes since she was such a tall beanstalk.

"Don't do anything that I wouldn't do," she finally says after a long moment of silence between us.

I snicker,"I'll think about it."

Lily releases me, stepping away.

We walk down the hallway to reveal Adam and my disheartening parents.

My breaths hitch, shoving Lily's necklace in my worn jean pocket.

My parents expressions were full of glee of me finally leaving as Adam was standing expressionless, hiding his emotions as usual.

I sadly smile at him, walking toward him just as he squeezed me tightly against him with his muscular arms after he quickly strides to me.

I gasp loudly as he leaned back, causing my feet to be off the floor, hugging him tight.

"Goodbye my little sis," he whispers in my ear,"I never fully met you and in ways I regret ever trying to talk to you more." -

"You feeling well?" I hear Leon ask me, bringing me back to my original consciousness.

I glance at him.