Chapter 7- The Night

---------------------------

"Cheers!" Alpha hollers, lifting his glass of booze. The others follow suit by gently sloshing their glasses together.

My glass of liquor stays sitting on the table cloth, my eyes gazing to my plate full of roasted ham and side serves of mashed potatoes and corn.

My stomach was too twisted to eat anything.

Rangel on the other hand, dug in and stuffed in the mashed potatoes and the corned beef.

When he catches me looking at him, he swallows and clears his throat, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"You should eat something," he tells me, gesturing to my plate.

As if you care... I roll my eyes.

My words tangled in my throat for the greater good, my eyes moving from his, grasping a fork so tightly my knuckles went white.

Taking a bite of the food, my stomach turns and my whole head feels dizzy.

Spinning and spinning... I look at my full glass of booze, knowing it wasn't the cause.

"You okay?" I hear Stacey ask me from the other side of the table, her expression sympathetic.

Thea and Ozzy were on the other side of her, sitting closely together mumbling and hiding giggles from something that one of them had said.

I gaze at her, returning a pained grin.

"Yeah I'm just tired," I lie, hoping the false words that came from my mouth were really the cause.

Stacey nods in response, continuing to eat slowly as she harshly picked around at her seasoned and sauced rotini noodles with her fork.

It was something she does when she's upset.

Right now, she was upset for me... that makes the two of us.

Rubbing my hands over my temples, I feel the dizziness pass. I continue to eat knowing it was just my stress and depression making me feel horrid.

"Blessings to all who came as you all shall attend the afterparty tomorrow night as well," the Alpha says over all the quiet chatter, everyone silencing down fast,"Estelle and Rangel now may share a very lovely night together."

A very lovely night I shall have...

Majority of the people get up from their seats, pushing in their chairs, eyeing Rangel and I the whole way out as others lingered around with too much booze in their systems.

"Don't have a too lovely night if you know what I mean," a guy Rangel's age spoke to us, his voice raspy as he chuckled, stubbily hair visible under his chin,"Rangel can be abusive and rowdy when he wants to, small girl."

Rangel's brow pinches together in confusion.

"I'd never do that to such a ravishingly young girl," he corrects the guy of his speech.

The scar on my wrist starts to burn as I hear him tell his lie.

"Prepare to get destroyed," the guy adds, laughing his ass off as well as ignoring Rangel's words.

Completely annoyed and disgusted, I stand up and run from the room.

Was that what Alpha wanted, for Rangel to claim me as his tonight?

Dashing for the restroom, I quickly lock the door and slouch to the floor with my head falling into my hands.

Sobs were ratcheting around the tile bathroom while tears poured down my cheeks that made my makeup also run.