Chapter 9- The Party

Chapter 9-  The Party
------------------------------

Ripping my hand from Rangel's grip, I feel the base rumbling through the ground, the music loud.

"Try not to have too much fun," Rangel sarcastically grumbles to me.

Stepping onto Alpha Quarters, Rangel and I walk through the familiar fence, tall hedges lining the pathway to the mansion.

"Yeah well, you shouldn't sound like such a killjoy when saying that," I reply, the both of us walking down the long pathway, couples making out within the bushes.

"Oh, like you even are enjoying any of this," Rangel remarks. "You'll never accept me or anything to do with this ceremony. Quit acting like I'm the 'killjoy' here."

Knowing that he was right, I keep silent knowing that my heart belonged and longed for a different guy that probably doesn't even like me...

"Cause we both know you'll never love me like you would with that damn shady guy," Rangel huffs, completely irritated. "I ought to kick his ass back into his own league away from you."

"Getting jealous? I haven't even talked to him for the longest time it feels like," I say to him just as we approach the front door, Rangel swinging it open letting me enter first.

"Well, all I have to say is that it better stay that way between you two,"Rangel tells me. "Stay the hell away from him or you won't like the results, Estelle."

The look on his eyes as he spoke to me was enough for me to know he was serious.

It was almost enough to scare me...

"You're not the boss of me. I shall do what I please," I back talk. "Leon is just a supportive friend."

Rangel gives me a threatening glare before I turn and walk away, eyes scanning the people drinking and dancing all around me. Sweaty bodies clinging and grinding.

Gaze falling on a certain guy all a sudden, my stomach flops for an unknown reason, as if I encountered this man before.

Tall and broad, his eyes basically orange rather than yellow as his hair was thick and stark black with the most muscular body...

Jared

Breaths hitching as I saw him searching the scene carefully, I turn and run for Rangel who was at the table getting drinks patiently.

We've got to leave. He's probably looking for me.

"Coming back to me now ?" He softly chuckles, handing me a cup just as I quickly set it on the table, pulling him from Jared's eyesight.

Rangel's alcohol spills onto the both of us in the process, the contents soaking into my dress and onto his suit as I tugged him roughly outside.

"What the hell!" He yells at me, cursing to see himself all covered in his drink.

"We've got to leave, now," I urge, going to grab his arm again to only have him back away.

"Listen, I know you probably really don't want to be here," Rangel slurs. "But, you've got to be here for the Alpha. No telling what he'd do if you weren't here."

He takes a swig from his half-empty cup, tossing it behind him afterwards.

"Just hear me out on this one-" I start.