Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls

Start from the beginning

Rocking side to side in fits, Rangel holds me still until I remain fully calm and look into his eyes with my swollen watery ones.

"Es, when will you realize that you're the one for me and I don't want no other girl to be with me?" Rangel questions,"I'd die for your safety and freedom. You mean the world to me."

"You aren't raising this baby," I simply say to him,"I'll kill it myself before you even put your hands on it."

"He has a name," Rangel says,"You're not killing our Tate."

I sob once again, grabbing Rangel's shoulders and hugging him tight, his weight pressing down on me.

"Es, I understand that you don't want this child," Rangel tells me after a moment,"But you need to learn how to own up to your mistakes rather then crying about them."

I push him off me and stand to my wobbly feet, grabbing a tree to steady myself as the dizziness swam over me and my stomach turned and kicked.

Ignoring the pains, I look to Rangel.

"I can't own up to a mistake like this," I admit pathetically,"Rang, he's going to grow up to be a mistake and look like a-"

"Estelle, you're over thinking this," Rangel interrupts,"He'll be the finest baby and look just like you."

"I let Leon put this parasite in my body and now when he's born, he won't even be half werewolf-" I cry out, falling to the grass to feel my water break. My insides contract and I shriek, causing Rangel to put a hand over my mouth to quiet me.

"Shit, this is not the time," Rangel swears. "Bloody hell..."

"Over there!" A guard hollers,"I heard something in that direction!"

Rangel's eyes turn wild and crazed in alertness.

"Es, I promise you that you're going to be okay," he reassures,"Be my strong girl that you are."

With that, he cradles me and runs off farther into the trees.

"They couldn't of gotten far!" Another guard hollers to the rest,"They have to be around here somewhere!"

Feeling my water flowing, I ball my fists into Rangel's T-shirt and grit my teeth in agony with the twisting pain that came constantly.

His heart was thumping so quickly due to his adrenaline that it comforted me as I pressed my head to his chest and listened to the beautiful song.

"I see footsteps over here!" The same guard yells.

Rangel's heart thumps even quicker, his footfalls becoming faster as he made confusing twists and turns to loose their tracking.

Feeling another contraction, I wrap my arms around Rangel and wail into his chest to silence my suffering.

The baby was coming quick.

Rangel thankfully finds a tucked away grassy area that wasn't the best hidden away spot, but there was no other choice since the baby was here.

He lays me in the grass and removes my jeans.

"Hold my hand," Rangel orders me.