"Listen to me; you put the gun down now!" Stilinski shouted at Chris, but he remained unmoved.

"Stop," Allison mumbled quietly. "Stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants," she yelled at them.

"Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out," Stiles smirked. "Because you're not here to kill me. You're here to protect me."

Suddenly, Oni warriors appeared, and chaos erupted. Derek transformed into a wolf, and we fought back with everything we had. An Oni pushed me to the floor, and I slid against the wall. As I got up, I spotted Stiles slipping away and quickly gave chase.

"Hey!" I shouted, causing him to turn his head, and he responded with his usual evil smirk.

"Yes, Stella?"

"What were you talking about back there, concerning my family?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued.

"You'll have to figure that out yourself, or perhaps ask Allison. I'm sure she's close to figuring it out," he said, winking before casually walking away. I decided to let him go for the time being.

"What just happened?" I overheard them discussing in the room.

It was disheartening to realize that my family was keeping even more secrets from me. I had only recently discovered that my mom's throat had been torn out by claws.

"Wait, where did Stella go?" Derek's voice became frantic, though it didn't surprise me. He always seemed to be hovering over me, concerned about something.

I took a deep breath and hurried over to them.

"I couldn't catch up to Stiles," I lied, pretending that I had made an effort to catch him.

Derek's eyes briefly showed worry before returning to his usual stoic demeanor as a werewolf.

++++++++

We decided to head home as it was getting late. I unlocked the door, with Allison and Chris right behind me.

"You kids go up to bed; it's late," Chris advised.

Allison and I headed upstairs. I went to my room, and she went to hers. After a quick shower and a change into my pajamas, my stomach began to growl. I ventured downstairs to find something to eat, but the fridge offered no options. My next best choice was clear.

I went downstairs to let Chris know I was going to McDonald's.

"Hey, I'm going to get some food. Do you want anything?" I asked him, pushing the door open a little.

He simply shook his head, still engrossed in his computer.

I was about to leave when a thought crossed my mind.

"Chris, were you really going to shoot Stiles?" I inquired.

He glanced up at me and replied, "If I had to, then yeah." I nodded slowly and left the house.

I got in my car and started driving through the night, which had an eerie ambiance. I glanced up in my rearview mirror and saw a pair of bright green eyes. I abruptly stopped the car and turned to check the back seat, but there was no one there. I took a deep breath and continued driving.

"Relax, Stella. That wasn't real," I reassured myself, turning on some music to quiet my thoughts.

I continued driving when suddenly something jumped in front of the car. I slammed on the brakes, got out, and looked around, but there was nothing there.

"What the..." I placed my hands on my head.

"It's probably just because I haven't had enough sleep. Yeah, that's it – I need sleep." I convinced myself, climbed back in the car, and headed home. However, deep down, it felt disturbingly real.

Once home, I went straight to bed, relishing the comfort it provided. All this wolf-related stuff was really starting to mess with my head, I realized.

Then, I heard yelling. I quickly opened my eyes and waited for the yell to repeat.

"Stella!" Allison screamed my name. I jumped out of bed and rushed to her room, pushing the door open.

"Are you okay?" I asked, scanning the room. She pointed at her feet, which were chained up. I tried to hold back my laughter. "Um, what are you doing?"

"Get me out," she yelled at me, her frustration evident.

"Okay, geez, but seriously, how did you get those on?" I asked, trying to locate the key to the handcuffs.

"Isaac," she replied simply.

I turned slowly to her, raising an eyebrow.

"Not like that, Stella," she rolled her eyes. "He was acting weird when I woke up. He also took my weapons and was talking about the twins or something."

"Wait, the hospital released him?" I asked as I found the keys and approached Allison. She shook her head, and I unlocked the cuffs, which fell off her ankles.

"We need to find him," she declared, getting out of bed and rubbing her ankles a little.

"What do you mean 'we'? You mean 'you,'" I said as I began to leave the room. She grabbed my shoulder.

"Great idea; I'll ask Kira to join us," Allison said, pulling me back into her room.

+++++++

We rushed into the school, our hearts pounding, and the roars echoing through the building guided our way to the boys' locker room. Bursting into the room, we found Adian, Ethan, and Isaac locked in combat, but they paused to look at us.

"Nice sword," Isaac smirked at Kira, and they began to advance toward us.

"Run," I exclaimed, grabbing Kira's hand.

We sprinted into the coach's office, shoving his desk behind the door to block their entry. As I scanned the room, I realized we were trapped with a glass window as our only view of the outside.

"Great, now we have no way out," I sighed, rolling my eyes, and sat on the floor, already feeling exhausted.

"Do you think they're going to kill each other?" Kira asked, her eyes locked on Allison.

The boys resumed their fight, and in the process, they broke the coach's window. A piece of glass nicked my arm, but it wasn't a severe injury. I wiped the blood away and rose from the floor.

"They might try," Allison shrugged.

Searching for an escape route, I remembered that the coach had another door in the office. I located it and attempted to open it, but it wouldn't budge. On my second try, I summoned all my strength and forced it open. It creaked as it gave way, and I realized that all the running for my life had made me stronger.

"Hey, come on!" I called to the others.

Kira entered the right door, Allison the left, and I followed closely behind.

"Remember, don't kill them," Allison reminded Kira.

"I'm just trying to stay alive," Kira nodded her agreement.

We burst through the door and entered the fray. Isaac charged at Allison, disarming her of her arrow, while Ethan went after Kira. I turned to see Aiden fixated on me.

"Great," I muttered, raising Stiles' bat. I didn't have a signature weapon like Allison or Kira.

Aiden rushed toward me, and I swung the bat, hitting him in the chest. He fell to the ground, then swiftly grabbed the bat from my hands and hurled it across the room.

"Shit," I cursed, kicking him in the chest. He slid across the room and collided with a locker, leaving a dent in its surface.

"Stella!" Allison called out. I sprinted over to her and Kira. The three boys approached us, but then black blood started running from their noses, and they quickly collapsed to the floor.