Chapter 8

After the intense encounter with the Alpha twins, I headed to music class with Lydia by my side. It was a bit unusual for me, considering I didn't play any instruments—I was a singer. I know, it's a bit strange, right? Stella Argent, the singer. Life takes unexpected turns sometimes.

As I glanced at Lydia, I noticed her engrossed in drawing a remarkably perfect tree. Impressive, as always.

"Hello, ladies," Danny greeted us with a smile as he took a seat next to me.

"Hello, Danny boy," I smirked playfully, and he rolled his eyes in response.

Danny's eyes shifted to Lydia's drawing. "Nice tree. Why are you in music instead of art?" he curiously asked.

Lydia simply shrugged her shoulders, not offering a clear answer.

Just then, a teacher's voice cut through the classroom, granting us permission to leave. I could hear relieved whispers and soft "yeses" around the room.

Danny bid us goodbye as he left my side.

I turned to Lydia and suggested, "How about we grab some food? I'm really craving Chinese. What do you think?"

She stood up, her gaze falling upon the piano in the room. I followed her line of sight and noticed that it was the teacher's phone, left open with a video playing.

Intrigued, I walked over to the phone with Lydia beside me. As I pressed play, a lovely piano melody filled the room. It continued for the first minute or so, but my impatience got the best of me, and I scrolled to the end.

To my surprise, the same beautiful piano music continued, but there were additional voices and sounds in the background. I looked at Lydia, and her eyes widened in response.

"Stella, we need to show this to Stiles," she said, her voice filled with a mix of shock and urgency.

"So, does that mean no Chinese food?" I asked, a hint of seriousness in my voice.

Lydia rolled her eyes, still shaken by the video, and walked out of the classroom.

"UGH, I guess not," I sighed, realizing that our priorities had suddenly shifted.