Chapter 34

As we made our way there, doubts began to creep in about the plan we had devised. I couldn't shake the feeling that it wouldn't work or endure.

This time, I shared the car ride with Allison on our journey to Derek's loft. My feet rested on the dashboard as I gazed out of the window, pondering whether this ordeal would ever come to an end, and if our lives were hanging in the balance.

"Stella, we'll be fine," Allison reassured me, her face radiant with confidence.

"How do you stay so positive?" I inquired.

Her glowing expression dimmed in an instant. "Stay positive? Well, no one else is going to be. I believe it's worth it for the people you love," she shrugged.

I turned my attention back to the window. Allison seemed to have it all together; life never seemed to throw her off course.

"We've arrived," she announced as we pulled into the parking area at Derek's loft. The rest of our group followed closely behind. We all gathered in the elevator, with Sheriff leading the way.

The moment Sheriff opened the door and entered, I could hear faint voices, and I assumed Stiles was inside.

"You want to handcuff me?" Stiles' voice came from behind the door.

"If my son is still in there, if there's even a shred of him left, he'll willingly put these on and come with me. He knows I'm here to protect him from himself and others," Sheriff declared, his voice wavering.

"You're not my son," Sheriff's voice quivered.

Uncle quickly swung the door open, and we all stepped out. Derek lunged at Stiles, but he swiftly pushed him to the floor. Allison reached for her taser, but Stiles grabbed it from her.

"That was entertaining," Stiles smirked. "Oh, hey, Stella, how's your head? I bet it healed quickly, didn't it?" He glanced toward me, where Derek was.

Chris raised his gun, aiming it at Stiles' head.

"Argent, listen to me. Don't do this," Stilinski attempted to calm him down.

"Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to the list," Chris threatened.

"No, don't!" I stepped forward, trying to prevent him from shooting Stiles.

"Of course, Stella tries to save me. Stella, you should join me. At least I won't keep secrets from you," the nogitsune winked at me, sending shivers down my spine.

"I would never betray my family," I spat at him, moving to the other side, but it was more for Stiles' sake. Wait, did I just admit I liked Stiles?

"Hmm, I don't think they feel the same way," he smirked at Chris, more like a devilish smile.

Chris's gun pressed harder against Stiles' head.

"You're not going to shoot my son," Sheriff pulled out his gun, aiming it at Chris.

"You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son," he reminded him.

"Put it down. Put it down," Sheriff's frustration began to show.

"Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad," the nogitsune tried to manipulate Stiles' father.

"Don't listen," I told the sheriff. "This is his game!" I yelled, hoping to get him to lower the gun.

"Put it down. Now!" Sheriff yelled at my uncle, never taking his eyes off him.

"Pull the trigger. Come on," the nogitsune taunted my uncle.