Chapter 13

"Stella, give Stiles a call," Allison suggested.

"Why me?" I inquired.

"Stella!" Lydia and Allison chimed in unison.

"Alright," I sighed, pulling out my phone and scrolling through my contacts until I found 'Stilinski.' I dialed his number, and it started ringing.

"What do you want?" He mumbled.

"Hello to you too, Stilinski," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I grumbled.

"But we need your help, and wipe that smirk off your face. I said 'we' as in Allison and Lydia," I clarified.

"Hmm, I like our talks," he remarked.

"Shut up and come over," I said, ending the call. We waited for him to arrive.

We heard a knock at the door, prompting me to rise from the bed and answer it. To my surprise, it was none other than Stilinski, wearing his infuriatingly silly grin.

"Okay, I'm guessing you've noticed something's off too, right?" Stiles inquired.

"Last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon," Allison agreed.

"Yeah, I know. He was definitely acting strange with me as well. But, actually, it was Boyd who was really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine," Stiles mused, his gaze wandering as he recalled the scene with Boyd.

"It's the motel. Either we need to get out of here right now, or... someone needs to learn how to perform an exorcism ASAP, before the werewolves go berserk and turn on us," Lydia frowned.

"Okay, just hold on, alright? What if it's not just the motel? The number in the office went up by three, right?" Stiles pointed out.

"You mean like three sacrifices?" Allison asked him.

I could feel my heart rate increasing.

"What if this time it's three werewolves?" Stiles murmured.

I started trembling.

"Scott, Isaac, and Boyd," I stammered.

Stiles glanced at me, then grabbed my hand, instantly calming my racing heart. I looked down at our intertwined fingers and back at Stiles, who offered a small smile.

My heart skipped a beat...

But this was Stilinski we were talking about.

"Exactly! So, can we get the hell out of here now? Please?" Lydia whispered urgently. But then my gaze fell upon a Bible. Stiles was still holding my hand, and I tried to suppress my smi-

Stella, what on earth are you thinking? This is Stilinski.

"Wait, hang on. Let me see this," Stiles requested, and I handed him the Bible I had in my hand.

"What is that?" Allison inquired.

" '28-year-old man hangs himself at the infamous Glen Capri,'" Stiles read aloud.

"Oh, no. Look at these two. They both mention room 217. These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room," Lydia exclaimed with wide eyes.

"So if every room has a Bible..." I began slowly.

"There could be articles in all the rooms," Lydia continued.

"That's a unique amenity. Most places leave a mint under the pillow, but this one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred," Stiles commented.