Chapter 31

When I woke up, I found myself in my room with a cold towel on my forehead. My phone lay nearby, and I checked it, discovering a message from "wolfie 🐺":

"Stiles is missing again. He has been for 2 days. Isaac is in the hospital because electricity zapped him, and for some reason, he isn't healing."

I reread the message and realized I had been unconscious for two whole days. Just then, Allison entered my room.

"You're awake!" she greeted me with a warm smile, taking a seat on my bed.

"How long was I out?" I inquired, feeling disoriented.

"Two days," she replied, tying her hair into a ponytail and grabbing her backpack from my room's floor.

"Great," I sighed, sinking back into my bed's headrest. "Who brought me back?" I asked, curious about the circumstances.

"Derek," she said casually.

"Why would Derek take me home?" I couldn't help but wonder, and she merely shrugged.

"But I'll see you after school," Allison said, planting a soft kiss on my forehead before leaving my room and closing the door behind her.

After a couple of hours in my room, I grew restless and felt the need to do something to get my heart rate up.

I decided to skip all my classes that day, except for my favorite one, Cross Country. As I arrived late on the field, I noticed Kira's concerned gaze.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" she asked, her worry evident in her voice.

"I'm fine," I replied with a reassuring smile. She hesitated for a moment but then nodded, falling into step beside me as the rest of the class gathered.

"Ah, my favorite partner is back," Danny said, throwing his arm around me in a friendly manner.

I looked around and realized that the twins, Scott, and, of course, Stiles were nowhere to be seen.

"All right, you lazy bunch, we're going for a run today," Coach bellowed. "Ah, who am I kidding? We run every day. You know the drill. Meet me at the end of the trail."

Kira had recently joined the cross-country team and showed impressive skills. She managed to keep pace with me and Danny, and while I didn't want to brag, we were among the fastest on the team, along with Scott, of course. As I looked around, I noticed that no one else was running alongside us. Suddenly, someone tackled me to the ground.

"Aiden, what the hell?" I pushed him off me, dusting dirt off my clothes.

"Sorry, I had to," he said, and Scott appeared with Kira, while Ethan kept Danny company.

"Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?" I questioned, feeling thoroughly bewildered.

"I did something, but I don't REMEMBER what it was," Stiles chimed in.

Turning to look at him, I didn't move a muscle, unsure if it was genuinely him, given the recent bizarre events. I approached cautiously.

"Stella, it's okay, it's me," Stiles said, his voice laced with hurt.

I walked closer to him and gazed into his eyes, which were the light brown shade I loved.

"I missed you," I whispered, nestling my head against his neck, and Stiles kissed the top of my head.

"Hey, sorry to break up this love fest, but we're trying to save lives here," Aiden interjected.

"Right," Stiles cleared his throat. "Stop, stop, stop! Everyone, stop!" he called out to the rest of the runners.