Chapter 33

"Stella, wake up," I slowly open my eyes to find Allison nudging me.

"No," I groan and shut my eyes again.

"We're trying to save your lover's life, so get up," she says, softly tapping my forehead.

That immediately jolted me awake.Throwing the blanket off me, I made my way to the bathroom. I start by brushing my teeth, then wash my face, and finally put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. As I exit my room, I find Allison frantically searching around the house.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as she rummages through a closet filled with weapons.

"I'm looking for something that won't harm Stiles," she says, pulling out a shotgun.

"Umm, no," I grab it from her and place it on the desk.

I start helping her find items that won't hurt or kill Stiles. We come across some rope and other objects that won't harm him, but I can't help but think it won't be enough to take down a nogitsune; I know that for sure.

********

"Allison brings in a stash of non-lethal items," Allison says, as she enters the room, setting the assortment down on the office table.

I sensed a purpose behind her actions.

"Take everything," my uncle instructs, eyeing the items carefully.

"What's the plan here?" the sheriff inquires, seeking clarity.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek to attempt to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House, especially if he went through something stressful there," Chris explains.

"Should all four of us be heading to the same place?" Stiles' father seeks clarification.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Chris directs the question at me.

"School and the hospital," I inform him, listing the places Stiles had frequented recently.

"Okay, hold on. We've been down this road before. He disappeared, we started searching for him, and it led us straight into a trap at the hospital," Derek interjects, raising a valid point. Each time we searched for Stiles, it seemed to end in disaster, particularly for my well-being.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves," I echo Derek's insight.

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison looks at her father, seeking guidance.

"We can't afford to wait, not if the oni find him once the sun sets," Derek emphasizes.

"Scott's currently dealing with them, along with Kira," Mr. Stilinski informs us.

"That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox," Chris shakes his head, expressing the complexity of our predicament.

"Listen, I'll understand if anyone wants to back out," Mr. Stilinski scans the faces around the table, considering our options.

"It wouldn't be the first wolf to run from a fox," Derek says, though I don't quite grasp the reference.

"I'm an Argent, and we're known for kicking ass," I say, squeezing Allison's hand, earning a grin from her.

"Apparently, I'm carrying the lightsaber," Chris smirks, producing the weapon.

"Dad, you, me, and Derek will head to Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you and Stella at the hospital," Allison plans, grabbing a few more weapons.

"We'll all rendezvous at the school," Chris finalizes the plan, staying behind as we prepare to embark on our respective missions.

*******