Chapter 25

We immediately headed to Deaton's clinic for help in catching Malia. I texted Allison our plan, and she confirmed that she was our best shot for the tranquilizer shot.

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot," Deaton explained.

"Allison's a perfect shot," Scott said.

"She used to be, why can't Stella do it?" Isaac suggested.

"Allison can do it; she has better aim than me," I replied, declining the offer. "If we manage to find the thing," I added.

"Okay, what's the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out," Stiles muttered, pointing at Isaac.

"Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?" Isaac questioned, bringing up a valid point.

"I can do it," Scott stated confidently.

"You can?" I asked, surprised.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school? In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery," Scott explained.

"This is a werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you," Deaton warned.

"That's why you called Derek first," Stiles concluded after checking his phone.

"Yeah, I could try it on my own. But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf," Scott admitted, sounding frustrated.

"We need a real Alpha. You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going. You know, get it..." I trailed off.

"Up?" Stiles finished.

"Great. I'm an Alpha with performance issues," Scott sighed.

"Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?" Deaton inquired.

"I wouldn't trust Peter," Isaac chimed in.

"Maybe the twins?" Stiles suggested.

"They're not Alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them," Deaton explained.

"Yeah, but what if they know how to do it?" Stiles pressed.

"Nobody's seen them for weeks," Scott noted.

"Actually, that's not totally true..." I said, catching their attention.

I had been secretly texting Aiden and Ethan, mainly Aiden, to stay in touch. Stiles noticed my interaction and seemed hurt, but he quickly masked his emotions with a blank expression. I texted Aiden, and he told me to meet them at Derek's place.

We arrived at Derek's place, but they weren't there yet.

"They said they would be here," I showed Stiles my phone.

Suddenly, they showed up, grabbing Scott and throwing him to the ground.

"I thought you guys were gonna teach me to roar," Scott groaned as he got up.

"We are. You do it by giving in," Aiden said, looking at Scott.

"Giving in and letting go. That's how Deucalion taught us control," Ethan added before punching Scott, who fell to the floor, ready to transform.