"Megan!" my dad's voice snapped me out of my morbid trance.

"Huh? Yeah." I looked up and they were both watching me intently.

"Are you okay, my girl?" my father's deep brown eyes analysed me. I nodded with a small smile.

"Yeah, dad, I'm good. What were you guys saying?"

"I was saying we should probably tell you the reason we're here."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "You guys just called me at work and said we had to have dinner and that it was imperative, you never said why."

"The reason why came in the mail this morning." My father beamed. "It came in a gold envelope, sealed with a maroon wax stamp."

"What was it?" I was also getting excited.

My father grinned slyly, basking in the anticipation that hung in the air.

"You know the Writ Gala that Harvard's law faculty hosts every year?" he asked.

"Of course I know it. It's the Oscars for lawyers." I rolled my eyes. "Every snobby, arrogant lawyer in the country wants to be invited to it and even more so they want to be mentioned at it."

My father laughed. "Well this snobby, arrogant lawyer is getting honoured with an award and being inducted into the Writ Hall of Fame along with every other legendary and prolific lawyer out there."

"Oh my god, dad, that's huge! Oh wow, congratulations!" I immediately jumped up and went over to his seat to give him a hug. "I'm so proud of you." I kissed his cheek and he smiled.

"Thank you, my angel."

"Daddy, aren't you excited for dad?" I asked my dad as I sat back down in my seat.

"Oh, I am, trust me. He already got his congratulatory gift this morning." He smirked and my father shot him a wink.

"Ew." I muttered. My parents laughed. "So when is it, what's happen at the gala, what do you get?" I bombarded my father with questions.

He explained to me how the whole shebang worked and it sounded really cool and really fancy. I couldn't help but smile at how happy and excited my father was when he was telling me all about his achievement. What widened my smile even more was how my dad was looking at his husband with such pride and admiration.

I wasn't a believer in love but watching my parents always made me want to believe in true love again. I knew their love was a rare kind, the unconditional kind.

"It's all very prestigious." My dad confirmed for my father after he had finished gushing about the gala and the induction.

"Mmhmm." My father wore a proud grin. My dad's hand covered my father's as he spoke, his wedding ring occasionally catching the light and reflecting it.

"It's a shame I won't be there to see it all happen." He sighed.

"What, why not?" I asked in disbelief.

"He's got a trial that day." My father replied for him. My dad confirmed with a nod and I sighed.

"So now you have to come, my Meg. My plus two included my husband and my daughter but now it's going to be just you so you can't ditch me on this." My father stated firmly. I chuckled.

"Of course I'll be there, dad. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

My father grinned and I grinned right back.

My dad laughed and his infectious cackle had me and my father joining in.

There was no doubt in my mind that my mind that people in the restaurant were looking at us but I was used to it. When you're black with white parents people tend to stare but when your white parents are gay they tend to stare a little more but it never really bothered me. They could stare all they want but they could never really know our story, know our family, know us.

I loved my parents and they loved me, no amount of staring could change that, ever.

A/N HELLOOOOOOO!!! Guess who's back, back again?!

Hi my sweet pancakes!
I am so sorry for deserting you lovelies for so long but my writer's block was too intense for life but now I feel like after this little filler chapter, the flood gates have been opened and that chapters are just going to flow out of me!

I hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you guys think about Megan's parents and let's get this story going into overdrive!

The fun begins again soon!

Xoxo

K

P.S. I missed you all so much and I appreciate the continued support I get even when I'm not posting regular updates.