"Chris!" I called out to stop her, but I was too loud. The couple seperated and only then did I see the girl who took my place.

"Lyla?!" I exclaimed angrily and narrowed my eyes at her. She looked in my eyes as she smirked triumphly.

"Hey Alexis," she said with a sweet voice, looking at me challengingly.

My eyes traveled to Chad and our eyes connected. "Alexis," he exclaimed and quickly stood up, leaving Lyla and stepped towards me.

"Alexia, it's not how it seems," he rushed out. He tried to reach me, but Chris and Mia created a human wall between him and me, making sure he doesn't get closer.

"You fucking prick," hissed Chris as she looked at him with a murderous look. "What the fuck do you mean 'it's not how it seems?'" she repeated her words sarcastically. "So you didn't just have your tongue in that slut's mouth?"

Chad glared at Chris. "Let me talk to her," he hissed, before looking at me pleedingly. "Please, Alexis. Give me a chance to explain."

I looked at him with a blank expression and empty look, so it looked like I didn't care, like he didn't just break my heart.

"We have nothing to talk about, Chad," I replied coldly and looked in his eyes, which were boring into mine. I suddenly remembered our staring constests, which we did everytime we were arguing, and immediately diverted my gaze elsewhere.

"Baby, please look at me," he begged and tried to get through Chris and Mia.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked, looking at Lyla. I knew that at least I could count on her to give me an honest answer, not because she would be known for her honesty, but because I knew she wanted to throw it in my face.

"Lyla," Chris growled lowly as he shot her a dirty glare.

Still smirking, Lyla replied. "We've been sleeping together for the past 2 months."

I closed my eyes, trying ro compose myself and the disappointment that hit me after realization my supposedly loyal boyfriend was cheating on me for the past 2 months.

"How does it feel to realize your boyfriend's been sleeping with your  'friends'," she emphasised the last word and my eyes narrowed.

I clenched my jaw as I replied. "You were never my real friend," I hissed and she laughed sweetly.

"Oh sweetie, I wasn't talking only about myself."
It took me a moment to realize what was she implying. After the realization hit me, my heart started beating fast and my palms started getting sweaty.

I first looked at Chris, but her scrunched eyebrows and disgusted look on her face told me she wasn't the guilty one. She caught my stare and looked at me in disbelief. "You really think I'd ever sleep with that lying, cheating son of a bitch?" She exclaimed, and then added, "oh, and on top of it all, your boyfriend?"

I rolled my eyes. At least I was sure she wasn't the one. I looked at Mia, but she tilted her head as she looked at me sadly.

"Not me, I swear."

I looked back to Lyla and opened my mouth, when she smirked as she saw something behind me.

"I believe Tanya will have some explaining to do."

"Lyla, shut the fuck up!" Growled Chris, but it was too late.

I froze as i heard the words come out of Lyla's mouth. I quickly spun around and immediately found Tanya standing behind me. My eyes connected to hers and I could see the saddness and regret in her eyes as she sent me a pleading look to wait for her to explain. I didn't know what to believe then, but I knew Tanya well enough to know she would never do that to me, or that at least she would have a good reason.