Chapter 17: A Man

What the heck is going on here?

I give Peeta a look that throws him aback.

"Wow, Katniss... keep calm," Peeta says as Johanna and Enobaria laugh. In my opinion, even though those two don't like each other, they are very much alike.

"Sorry," I mumble.

Peeta chuckles as he begins to explain,"I met Trissy when you were unconscious that day you found out Clarissa has amnesia."

"What was she doing in the hospital?" I ask to Peeta.

Instead if Peeta answering, Patrisha speaks up, "My mother is not well. She may be dying."

A moment of complete silence goes as out the room, until Johanna decides to break it.

"Are you scared that Trissy will steal your man from you?" Johanna gives her signature smirk and the whole room burst into laughter. Even Soldier Hilt snickers before regaining his composure.

"Why would I think that?" I hiss.

"The look on your face," Johanna says simply.

Before I can retort, Peeta gives a hearty laugh, "It's true, Katniss."

I glare at both of them, "That's your opinion."

"I guess it is," Johanna shrugs and gives a light chuckle.

"Trissy, what's the message?" I ask, ignoring Johanna and Peeta.

"She says to be careful around the new tribute. She says that she is not who she says she is," Trissy states, wobbly.

"That cheeky, red haired girl?" Beetee asks in surprise, just as everyone else is.

"If you mean Loelle, then yes," Trissy looks at Beetee with concerned eyes.

"Please," Johanna scoffs, "That girl couldn't kill a mouse if she absolutely needed to."

"How can she possibly harm us?" I dead panned.

"You know that we are distant cousins, right?" Trissy looks at me with begging eyes.

A gasp goes about the room.

"Yes," I state.

"Katniss! You have to believe Clarissa. I know that she is not in her best stage, right now, but she know Loelle better than you do," Trissy tugged on my sleeve.

I see a cute, blond girl with a perky voice. She is adorable, so adorable, that I must agree.

"Yes," I look in her blue eyes, "I will try."

A sigh of relief escapes her mouth as she runs out of the room happily.

"A sister and a cousin?" Johanna smirks.

"Well, in my defender I did no know about the sister. Peeta did," I give an unfriendly look over to my fiancée.

"Sorry," he mutters, smiling at Johanna.

Johanna snorts, "Why would they hide her, but not Clarissa?"

"They obviously knew that a rebellion would be coming up followed by some risk to their daughters. They were right," Peeta sighs.

I nod, "They already let the world know about Clarissa, now they won't make that mistake again."

"It doesn't help," Johanna says bitterly.

A woman with yellow hair is peeking the ought he door that was left ajar, "Katniss! Some man would like to see you!"

I walk to the door and peek out.

I see a man with dark skin and black hair. He has bruises that are healing all over him and his eyes tell me that he is welcoming.

This is the same man that sent me off with hope to my two hunger games.