Chapter 8: Training

Katniss' POV

I didn't sleep very well last night. Glimmer's face haunted me and soon her sister joined her. Shimmer's as good as dead anyways.

Gale's arrow did a lot of damage to her. The doctors say that they don't know if she'll ever be able to recover.

Gale's in prison until the end of the first games, so that he wouldn't kill anymore tributes before they stepped into the arena.

When I woke up, Peeta was getting dressed.

"Morning, beautiful," he whispers as he gets closer.

"Today's training day. I hope the tributes are okay," I yawn.

"They'll be fine," Peeta smiles.

We go to eat breakfast.

"Katniss!" shouted a very cheery voice,"Oh! Hello, Peeta."

Effie.

"Hi, Effie," I try to smile, but today, that's just simply impossible.

Effie as the same grin plasterred on her face as usual. Her hair was a brown colour and she still had a face full of makeup.

"Are you our escort?" asks Peeta.

"Not your escort! Your tributes' escorts," Effie says getting herself some breakfast.

As if on cue, Ryder, Sandy, and Serena comes walking in.

"Ah, hello Sandy, Ryder, and Clarissa. I will be your escort, hello. My name is Effie," Effie has a grin on her face.

Clarissa glares,"It's Serena. What are you here for anyways?"

"Well, darling, I'm here for escorting you to places before the game on time. Wouldn't want to be late would we? Oh my! Eat up, kids. Training starts in half an hour," Effie looks at a bright green watch on her wrist.

The kids eat fast. Really fast. They gobble down everything.

"Okay! Let's get going!" Effie says in her cheery voice.

Ryder gets up and stands by the door, soon followed by Sandy.

I look at Serena. Her face is tomato red and breaking with sweat.

"Are you okay?" I ask carefully.

"I'm fine, girl on fire," she swallows as she gets up and wipes some sweat off of her face.

She starts walking towards the door where the others are standing looking impatient.

"Hurry up!" Ryder grunts.

Suddenly Serena's face gets even redder, which I didn't think was possible.

Serena legs became wobbly.

There was a crashing sound.

I see Serena lying on the floor, unconscious.

*******A/N*******
Sorry for the short chapter and how long it took me to write it. I was kinda busy with writing "Good Things Come In Small Packages" and a new fanfic coming out tomorrow!!!

I think I want to write in someone else's POV next time.

What do you think happened to Serena?

-storytellr135