Chapter 6:Hard Life

Peeta sees the glow too, I can tell because his eyes widen and he gulps.

He pushes me behind himself. Still protecting me.

The green eyes suddenly grow bigger, then disappear. I hear crying.

Shimmer.

She walks out from the darkness. I begin too sweat.

"Glimmer! Glimmer! Glimmer! Where are you?" she cries between sobs.

Her voice makes it obvious that she's in pain. She looks as if she is about to die.

I gulp,"Shimmer-"

She interrupts, "Glimmer was my only family. My parents died 4 years ago and me and Glimmer barely got by with the money they left us. When, she was reaped, she told me that if she came home, we would be the richest kids ever. She never came back," she is not crying, but instead shaking.

"I'm so sor-" I try to say but get interrupted again.

"Look at this scar Glimmer's boyfriend gave me after he found out that I didn't volunteer for her," she lifts up the sleeve of her shirt and below it I can see an impressive scar the length of my shoe.

Peeta hugs me tight.

She reaches for a necklace, which still shines in the moonlight,"This is my grand-mother's. She gave it to Glimmer and Glimmer gave it to me after the reaping. When I said Glimmer was a brat, I never meant it. She was a bit conceited, but she knew when she was going too far," she looks hurt and as if she was about to break down once again.

The poor thing looks down at the ground an sighs.

She gives a small pout and continues,"I might have to sell this necklace because i'm practically broke. It's gold."

The stylists stand there stunned looking at the beautiful piece of jewelry.

"Shimmer, it's amazing. I'm so sorry about your sister. I really never meant to. It was the Capitol. I understand and feel you, my sister dying was the worst thing that happened to me too. I can help with the money situation," I say kindly taking Shimmer's hand.

She slaps my hand away,"GET AWAY FROM ME! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? OFFEND ME BECAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY AND YOU HAVE IT ALL?" she is screaming.

I am speechless. She breaths in and out to calm herself.

She looks around inspecting our environment as if looking if there is anyone besides me, Peeta and the stylists.

It's dark, but not cold. The trees are swaying in the breeze. I can hear the wolves howling and other animals settling in for a good nights' sleep.

I think of Gale, my best friend, who supposedly made the bomb that killed my sister, Prim.

I think of Prim. She was so young and innocent, I believed in her and she believed in me.

I think of Finnick. The one who died protecting me and the rebellion. Sea blue eyes.

I think of my mother. Off in district 4. So close, yet so far.

A tear runs down my cheek as I realize that Shimmer has officially calmed down.

"Sorry, Katniss. I have to do this. For Glimmer," she takes a knife out of her pocket.

*************A/N*************

Hello.

Wow. Another cliff-hanger. I wonder what will happen next. I'm handing the reigns over to Hollyann(IvexHadxEnoughx)Take your time.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!!!!

-storytellr135