Chapter 13: The Deal

Katniss' POV

Tonight's the night of interviews. I have to help my tributes just like Haymitch helped me.

Okay... honestly Haymitch didn't help me at all.

Cinna did.

Oh... Cinna. You have no idea how sorry I truly am.

I have to figure out an angle for both Serena and Sandy.

I've been chatting with Serena through telephone because Peeta couldn't find bodyguards and ddidn't want to risk it.

Honestly, I could probably take Serena on if she wanted to attack me.

I mean, think about it... I've survived 2 Hunger Games and one rebellion. I think I can survive a 13-year-old girl.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door.

I go to open it. I see President Paylor standing there looking all formal.

"Oh! Hello! Would you come in?" I ask politely.

"No thank you, Katniss. I need to ask a quick favour," she says looking at her watch.

I nod and gesture for her to continue.

"We need you to interview the tributes," she says with a hopeful smile.

Me?

I shake my head,"I'm no Caesar Flickerman."

President Paylor's eyes plead,"We can make a deal."

"Okay?" I half ask half state.

"I know that you're poor little Clarissa ha amnesia and faints every now and then," she says in a hurt expression.

I nod slowly.

"We could find somebody to replace her this year and she can compete in the 2nd annual Capitol Games next year," President Paylor sounds serious.

I gasp,"Is that allowed?"

"I am the president, therefore it is allowed," she states with confidence,"Is it a deal, Ms. Everdeen?"

Soon to be Mrs.Mellark...

Is this a good deal? Serena could survive for another year, while some other kid takes her place. This is actually a great offer, but being the new Caesar sounds no fun.

Peeta would tell me to pick what's best for everyone... what is best for everyone?

One year for Serena to recover and maybe even train a bit... she could have a much better chance at winning at age 14.

On the other hand, I will have to be the new Caesar Flickerman... probably for the rest of the games...

KATNISS! Stop thinking about yourself already and think about what will make EVERYONE happy...

I take a deep breath,"Deal."

She smiles,"Good! Your new tribute will arrive within an hour! Oh, and I'll tell Clarissa about her not being in the games."

She digs into her pockets and pull out a whole pack of flashcards. She shoves them into my hands.

"Study up, Katniss! Your interviews must be perfect!" with that she walk-no skips- out of the room happily.

I groan. I've got some studying to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

A bright red haired girl with green eyes walks into the room. I'm studying... it's not a good time to disturb me.

"Are you lost?" I ask nicely.

"Are you Katniss Everdeen?" she asks back.

I nod,"And you are?"

"My name is Loelle Fielders. I'm the new tribute," she smiles weakly.

A little gasp slips out of my lips. This girl is even younger than Serena! Probably just barely 12. She was petite and looked extremely delicate her green eyes wandered around the room as i examined her. Her hair was short and really curly. She had freckles and baby hairs sticking out. She was so beautiful.

"Oh! Hello, Loelle. Thank you for replacing Clarissa," I say smiling softly.

"Like I had much of a choice," she mutters bitterly,"They just came to my house and dragged me out."

I felt weak and helpless all of a sudden.

"Are you by any chance related to somebody who had a lot of power during the time the Capitol rulled?" I ask.

"Yeah, my grandmother was Snow's sister," she says,"She died a few years ago."

"I'm so sorry. So, your mother is Snow's neice?" I stammer. Another girl with Snow's blood.

"Yeah. my mother and Clarissa's mother were cousins," she says touching the walls of the room.

I could tell that she was getting depressed,"Okay. So, do you have any fighting methods? Skills?" I pat the spot next to me and tell her to sit.

She slowly sits down,"My dad is a runner, so i can naturally run pretty fast, so maybe i can be one of those morphling things and just hide out?"

"That could be your strategy. What about for your interview tonight? Since you don't have any sponsors right now, you have to wow this crowd. What do you think your angle should be?" I question.

I immediately think sexy, but she's a bit too young for that.

She thinks for a bit,"Maybe cute?"

i smile,"Great idea!"

Perfect alternative.

This isn't going to ba as easy as I thought...

A/N:

Hello,

So hi! This is a wierd chapter, but atleast Serena won't get killed this time round.

My Instagram: @howbegirls

Kik: Signedlindsey

Well see you guys next time:)

storytellr135