Chapter 22: Gotta Keep Going

January

January

I open my eyes to the dimly lit room; I couldn't tell if it was night or day through the thick brown drapes. I shift in the bed feeling the sensation of cold glass against my leg. I fish under the duvet pulling out an empty wine bottle. I squint trying to read the bottle, it was Merlot. "Ew, " I say, my mouth was dry and sticky with thick saliva. 

I moan wrapping myself into a burrito; waves of nausea hit me like a tsunami. I look over at my phone laying on the nightstand on the charger, I reach over to turn it on. Once it fully booted up, my phone pinged with message after message, all from Samantha; hers was a special ring. My brain felt like mush leaking out my skull, and the dehydration was too obvious to ignore. I sit up looking around wondering where she was speaking of her. 

I need her to fix me some water! I don't want to get up. I call out for her a few times but get no response; I guess I'll have to crawl to the kitchen. I clench my stomach as it lurched and gurgled. Perhaps some painkillers would help too. I swung my bare feet to the hardwood floor. It was cold and sticky; I must've missed the trash. 

I cringe at the feeling of the vomit between my toes getting up and wobbling to the bathroom to wash my feet and clean up the rest of the mess. Once, I was done I walk to the kitchen and fix me a glass of water. I gulp it all in one sitting wiping my mouth and walking over to the front window. Samantha's car was gone. I shrug my shoulder returning to the room, fetching me some pain pills for this headache and getting back into bed. It wasn't long before the headache subsides and I'm drifting back to sleep.

My eyelids flutter open as I'm rudely awakened by the sound of a loud voice. My vision clears, and I see Samantha; I watch her pull all her strands of hair into that ninja bun she adored "no, I'm fine" she speaks into the phone. 

She unravels the rope on her robe revealing her red thong and matching red bra; she stands in front of the huge full body mirror admiring her body. "I'm all right, Aidan. I swear, I just needed to check on her. I'll come back tonight if not, tomorrow" I nearly gagged in my mouth at the sound of that nigga's name. 

Fuck is she talking to him for? There's nothing in the world like waking up from an amazing nap looking at the person you love and care for and hearing them talking to their ex-fiancée on the phone but that's not the worst part. Not by far, the worst part is that I had no idea she was actually considering marrying that scum especially after what he did to her. Crazy, you say? Mm, my friend, crazy doesn't even scrap the bottom of the damn bucket.

Her settling with that dude produces quite possibly the worst feelings in the world. I love her to death, and I ain't too convince that I can be any better than old dude but I least I ain't never did no foul shit like that... well, I've done some pretty fuck up shit to her too. We both ain't shit, now that I think about it. I grab my phone, it was 7 pm "She seems okay, I guess... You're right, I'll come back... let me get myself together," I huff rolling my eyes.