Chapter 8: Crushed Dreams and Coach Seats

We've been packing all weekend; it was late Sunday

We've been packing all weekend; it was late Sunday. My shit pretty much was packed since I got here. I just transferred it all in some suitcases Sam got for me but, on the other hand, I've been getting a bit suspicious. Throughout helping her pack her overwhelming amount of clothes, shoes, and other pointless stuff, there was this reoccurring name that I've seen everywhere. I'll admit I've been doing some snooping and call it invasive, but I had to keep an eye on her. She makes a lot of stupid decisions sometimes, and after scrimmaging through her mail, she told me to check I found a letter from the same Aidan that I've seen on everything. I rip it open to pull out a note with four plane tickets inside. I begin to read the note:

My dearest, Samantha Armstrong.

I know you're probably mainly thinking "how old fashion can this guy be?" And well, I just wanted to surprise you and take as much of the moving load off of you as I possibly can. So, I bought plane tickets for you and your friends, and a moving truck will be by to dispose of all your furniture because well... I hope you don't find me to be overstepping my boundaries but I found your house and had a decorator furnish it for you. Again, I just want the best for my women, and I know you think I'm just buying you and not allowing you to be the incredibly independent woman that I know you are but you can't blame me for just wanting to take care of you..."

I rolled my eyes so hard to the back of my head I swear I saw my brain. A part of me wanted to ball the note up and rip the tickets into unreadable pieces, but I decided I didn't need any more bad karma. I shoved the poorly written letter back into the envelope. There was a full front page and back, but I just couldn't bear to read any more of his unintelligible gibberish. Sending letters? Who the hell does he think he is? I couldn't wonder any longer, I tread slowly and noisily back to her room "who the hell is Aidan?" I fume, hands on my hips. "Nobody too serious. I mean we talk, but it's nothing really. He's not really my type"

"then why is he sending you long winded notes and plane tickets with everybody's names on them?". She puts the shirt down she was folding, and I hand her the envelope "I swear I didn't ask for this and I surely didn't tell him yall names" she pulls the note out. "And where do you get off opening my mail?" I ignore her demanding she read it. She scans it before saying how much she really couldn't stand him always doing things she didn't ask him to do. "He has you in first class and everybody else in coach?" I still had the plane tickets in hand. "Lemme see" She stands up snatching them away from me "I'm going to call him" I watch her leave out with her phone in hand.

Was I jealous?

I unclench my fist; I was frowning so damn hard I was starting to get a headache. I relax my face and flop on the bed. I slowing knead at my temples trying to calm down... If she wanted to be with some psychotic, even more, invasive Snoopy than I was, stalking, manipulating boyfriend then she can.

What the hell am I saying? Best friend, girlfriend, or whatever I am to her. I don't like him. I won't say anything now, but he has one time to get out of line with her.