Chapter 37: Overnight

Samantha

"You drive an Audi and I'm pushing a fucking Chrysler. And you wonder why I always drive your shit" I listen to January give her best pitch on why she needs a new car. "I'll trade my car in and with a bigger deposit and a co-signer. My payment will be cheap as hell" she whines tossing herself next to me on the bed.

"I'll just buy you a car" I state rubbing my belly.

"What?" she questions, "Stop bluffing!" she scoffs crossing her arms.

"I'll buy you a car" I repeat suddenly feeling the baby kick. I pause tuning her out focusing my hand hoping she'll kick again; she does. "Baby! Shut the hell up. She's kicking." I gush "Come to feel" I demand overwhelmed with joy.

She scoots over placing her tatted hand on my bare belly. I remain still waiting for her reaction "Holy, shit! I feel it" she exclaims more excited than I initially was. We marvel over the life forming inside of me for a while. It was the moments like this that made me realize everything was going to be ok. Of course, I'll get her a car. She's willing to be a daddy to a baby that isn't even her's.

"Come on. Let's get dress and get you a car" I announce easing out of bed. January jumps out of bed with no hesitation and runs off to our new walk-in closet.

Oh, yeah! Everything worked out perfectly with the house. They accepted our offer, and the legal parts were a breeze. It was all finalized in two weeks. We got all the walls painted and most of the furniture moved in. January didn't care to help decorate and that was my specialty. No complaints out of me.

One thing I can say is between the both of us... we had a lot of clothes and shoes. We knocked the second wall down between the two closets and remodeled it to our liking.

"Can you tell Lailah that the movers with the rest of the furniture are coming in an hour? She needs to watch them and assist before she goes anywhere" I say entering the closet where she was.

"I got you" she responds holding up an sweater for my opinion. "Yes, with those shoes and blue jeans, this jacket and this hat" I hand everything to her one by one. She stares at me with the pile of clothes in her arms ready to protest but shrugs her shoulder putting the outfit on. I slip on a black sundress and black sandals. I stroll to the bathroom retrieving all my hair products slicking my locks into a bun; can't forget the baby hairs.

 I stroll to the bathroom retrieving all my hair products slicking my locks into a bun; can't forget the baby hairs