Chapter 33: Saltine Crackers

Samantha

"Hey, beautiful" Sasha pokes her head from behind the door making sure it was safe to enter. Once she realizes the coast is clear, she lets herself in. "How are you doing?" she examines me removing loose strands of hair from my face and smoothing my wild mane. I was going through it and this baby was definitely the cause. "I'm okay. Just was talking to your doctor about my options" I respond hoping I wasn't about to get a hammer thrown at me.

"Options?" she questions pulling up a chair. "Yes, Sasha. I'm not sure if I really want to keep this leech inside of me sucking all my damn energy and nutrients!" I snap crossing my arms. I just wish this could all be over with because I'm tired of getting the third degree about a decision that's rightfully my own. "I'm not trying to over impose. I know this is your choice. I just want you to hear me out" I roll my eyes not wanting to hear shit. "Fine" I sigh relaxing my body on the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Okay, thank you. I want you to know that you got all the support you need. Whatever you may need or want- I will be there. I'm at your disposal and then you got January. OH!" she exclaims reaching into her purse and pulling out a little black box and handing it to me. "What is this?" I question opening up the box to see a beautiful diamond ring. "It was our grandmother's. It was passed down to me in mom's will and now passing it down to you" she smiles rubbing my shoulder. "Wow," I say hypnotized by the ring's beauty.

"January asked me for my permission to take your hand in marriage. She told me she had already asked you but she's still looking at rings. Now, you got one up on her" she chuckles a little bit causing me to smile. Even though, I told her I wanted to pick my own ring but maybe I'm being a brat. "See, I just want to show you that it doesn't have to be this way. Yes, that baby is half him but it's also half you and we have pretty strong genetics" she tried her hardest to convince me. I wasn't listening entirely. I couldn't stop gazing at this ring. Things were getting really real.

 Things were getting really real

My grandma must've been a flashy lady. Jesus, Christ! But I could see this on January's finger.

"Samantha!"

I swear I jumped out my skin "Damn, Sasha. You trying to scare the baby out of me" I sass. I look at her holding a thing of makeup wipes. "You look like a raccoon" she states handing them to me. I chuckle quickly wiping my face clean.