"Come again?" She smiled.

"I know it's very hard for you to believe. But, we protect your bloodline, since forever. And now that you are the last prophetess, it's my duty to keep you safe."

"I'm done with people trying to keep me safe." I replied abruptly.

"Why?" She seemed curious rather than hurt.

"It's a long story..."

"I have all day." She replied smiling. I smiled too. I knew I could trust her. That's why I decided to tell her everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. When I had finished, Venus remained silent. "I can't even imagine what you have been through..." She commented.

"You tell me." I agreed.

"However..." She hesitated.

"What?" I asked curious about what she had to say.

"I think this Elijah guy was honest about his feelings for you. Not many soulmates have stayed apart for a long time." She said.

"I don't know. The only thing I know is that every day it passes I seek his presence more than the previous one."

"He will come round. Trust me. They always do."

"Soulmates?"

"No, men." I laughed.

"I'm glad I met you." I concluded. She smiled. "I really needed someone like you right now."

"And what about your friends?" She asked.

"My friends have their own problems to take care of." I replied shrugging and taking a sip from my cold coffee. It was gross, so I let the cup down and didn't touch it again.

"I don't think they are that indifferent towards you. Otherwise, they wouldn't be your friends."

"It's not that. It's just that I don't want to burden them with my own problems. Their lives are pretty messed up, the way they are."

"So you don't talk to them." She concluded.

"I talk to them every now and then, but not that often."

"And what about Rebekah? Your sister-in-law?" She joked.

"I talked to her once, but haven't talked to her since then. It's difficult for me, since she is a constant reminder of what I've lost. I know what I'm doing is terrible, but I just can't keep living in the past. I need to move on, no matter how difficult that might be."

"I understand." She replied.

"Shall we go?" I asked, after a moment of silence.

"Of course." She replied immediately.

We paid the bill and got out in the chilly night. The city seemed to be revived under the darkness. Everything was lit up. I loved Chicago. That's why I had stayed longer than the other cities I had visited.

"So you said you are travelling from town to town." Venus said looking at me.

"Yes, I'm a leaf in the wind." I joked.

"So where are you staying?"

"At a small hotel. But, I'm checking out tomorrow."

"And where do you plan to go?"

"Willoughby." I replied.

"What?"

"Willoughby." I repeated enjoying her astonishment.

"Is there even a town with that name?" I laughed.

"Yes, there is."

"And how do you know about it?" I remained silent for a bit.

"Well, this word keeps popping up in my head, so I decided to see what it's really about."

"And where is it exactly?"

"Pennsylvania."

"It's going to be a long trip. Mind the company?" She asked me flashing a bright smile.

"No. Not at all." I replied smiling back. "But don't you have other things to do?" I asked shortly after.

"Not exactly. See you tomorrow then?" She asked as we had already arrived at the hotel.

"It's a date."

Author's Note: Just a small chapter... I hope you liked it!!! What do you think of Venus? And of course the million dollar question.... What is going to happen in Willoughby???? Love you all!!!