Chapter 33

[Louis' P.O.V]

It's been a week later, and everything's kinda back to normal, well, I can still hear people talking about Zayn, I can still feel everyone looking at me, gossiping about us, but no one's brave enough to talk to me about it.

"Louis?" I turned away from my locker, then my eyes widened when I saw Eleanor standing there, a finger twirling itself around her hair.

"Yeah?" I acted casually, this has been the first time in forever that we interacted.

"I know it's been awhile since we last talk, but I just want to ask if you're alright since you know... things kinda went crazy with Zayn..." she asked, her cheeks blushing a little.

"I'm fine... we're alright..." I said before turning back to my locker and pretended to be interested in fixing my books.

""We're"...? Oh, you two are still together?" her voice laced with shock.

"Uhm, yeah..." I looked at her shocked face.

"B-but... you're reputation won't be as good as it used to be when you s-stay with him! Everyone will think you're irresponsible! And weren't you accepted as the replacement in the football team? The coach will kick you out when he finds out that the rumour that you're the f-father is true! Aren't you planning for an athlete scholarship for that college you want and be discovered as a new football star?" she asked while looking at me worriedly.

"It'll be more irresponsible of me when I leave them." I glared at her.

Eleanor shook her head, "Y-you're going to give up your dream of becoming a sports star for h-him? A-are you... Are they threatening you to stay with Z-Zayn? I-I can help you! Y-you can hide with me for a while! We... we can even pull you away from those rumours with you being the f-father!" she looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Look, El... Thanks for worrying, but staying with Zayn was my choice." I said, "I love Zayn, and if it means giving up my dreams to be with him, then so be it. I bet my destiny is way better than being a sports star with him anyway. I believe that everything happened for a reason."

She stood there shocked, tears were threatening to fall, "But...but..."

"To be honest... this is really weird... I mean, we haven't talked for so long but here you are offering me to hide with you so suddenly." I admitted.

I know that Yaser said I shouldn't confront her myself, but it's not like I'm interrogating her, I'm just looking for a reaction.

"I-I just wanted to help you..." she answered.

"Look, I'm already doing fine with Zayn, I already have a somewhat plan for the both of us. Besides, if I wanted to run away, I should have done that a long time ago." I shrugged my shoulder.

Eleanor felt silent...

"Thanks for worrying, El, but this is mine and Zayn's life, so no need for you to worry over it."

It was silent for a while...

"But... is it worth it?!" she screamed which made me step back a little, "You're giving up your life for him?! What if he leaves you?! His family is rich so I'm sure he'll be well, but what about you?! You'll be left without anything!"

I was still shock, never did I realize that this will happen, El was always shy and sweet, but now her face is slightly red and angry at me... or at the situation, her voice has a malice tone in it...

Once I recovered from her outburst and registered what she said, I can't help but feel my blood boil, "First of all, how dare you fucking say that? What I do with my life is none of your fucking business! Second of all, Zayn is way worth giving my life to! He's amazing, he's caring, humble, smart, funny, and all the best adjectives you can think of. He deserves all the happiness in the world, and I will make sure he does! But if there will ever be a day where he decides to move on and leave me, I will never regret the choices I made because I'll always be glad to have him as a part of my life, my partner in crime, the love of my life, the reason why I try to bring out the best of me, my Zayn..."