Chapter 29

[Louis' P.O.V]

"I got you some pasta with chicken."

I jumped a little when Liam suddenly appeared in front of me. It didn't help when he slammed the tray too.

"Thanks." I managed to squeak.

"What's wrong?" Liam looked at me weirdly, then suspiciously, "Did you went through my messages?!"

"God no!" my eyes widened, "Some unknown number kept calling though."

Liam grabbed his phone and groaned.

"Who's that?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Just my lab partner." Liam shrugged before taking a bite from his burger.

"What's their name?" I asked, trying to act casually while stirring my pasta with the sauce.

"You don't know her." Liam said after swallowing, "Anyway, how's Zayn?"

"He's good... tutor with Luke." I shrugged before eating some of my pasta.

"Oh... I see-"

Liam's phone began ringing again.

He sighed before looking at me and making a gesture that he'll take the call. After giving him the 'go' signal, he stood up and walked to a distance that is out of my earshot.

I couldn't help but feel horrible that I'm suspecting my own best friend, and it's just because of one text.

'I'm probably over reacting...' I sighed.

Liam won't do that kind of thing, right? Liam's not that kind of person, he's genuine and caring, not a traitor or something horrible like that.

"Hey, Lou, sorry but I got to go." Liam said after walking back.

"Where you goin?" I asked after taking a sip from my drink.

"Had to look for our Chem teacher and pass something." Liam sighed, "Well, see you later!" he waved then left.

"Maybe we should follow him?" a voice came.

"Justin, what the fuck?" I said and watch him take Liam's place in front of me.

"I heard the someone has been threatening you." Justin said.

I squinted my eyes, "How did you know?"

He rolled his eyes, "Zayn told me. I'm his best friend too you know."

I internally groaned, 'Of course...'

"And I'm offended that I'm your number one suspect." He looked at me with disbelief, "I mean... didn't we call truce? Do you really hate me that much?"

My eyes widened, "Zayn told you that?"

"No, but Harry and Niall had been 'investigating' me, and by that I mean they've been following me for days now and they're really bad at trying to hide it." Justin rolled his eyes, "Then I connected that the fact that you were being blackmailed and I'm the only known 'rival' for Zayn's affection, you chose me as your number one suspect."

"Hey, don't blame me for thinking that way!" I defended myself.

"And don't blame me for feeling offended! We've been friends since kindergarten, and if I were to ruin yours and Zayn's relationship, which I will never do cause that'll hurt Zayn and you pretty much have a responsibility being his baby daddy now, I wouldn't go for that blackmailing bullshit, I'll want Zayn to fall in love with me and not make me a rebound cause his baby daddy left him due to being threatened."