I'll be with you

If you like the story,mind to vote.

If you think this chapter is awesome,please comment.

If you hate this,just ignore this chapter,

Song:Always by Yoon Mi-Rae
Song:Butterfly by Bts

Hanuel's pov

"The surgery went well," he said straight off. "We're pretty sure Wonwoo is going to be fine."

Wonwoo was in recovery for several hours, but I wasn't allowed to see him until he was finally moved to the ICU. Though it was normally closed to visitors overnight, Dr. Sungcheol made an exception for me.

I'd be with Wonwoo all night.

I sat at Wonwoo's bedside for the next few hours, listening to the digital beeps of the heart monitor and the unnatural hiss of the ventilator slowly pushing air in and out of his lungs. His skin was pale and his cheeks seemed to have collapsed.

I held on his hand, drawing strength from its warmth. When the nurse had changed his bandage, I'd caught a glimpse of the violent gash that split his torso, and I'd had to turn away.

The doctor had said that Wonwoo would probably wake later that day, and as I hovered at his bedside she wondered how much he would remember about the accident and his arrival at the hospital.

Had he been frightened when his condition suddenly worsened? Had he wished that I'd been there? The thought was like a physical blow, and I vowed that I would stay with him now for as long as he needed me.

I hadn't slept at all since I'd arrived at the hospital. As the hours passed with no sign of Wonwoo waking,I grew sleepy, lulled by the steady, rhythmic sound of the equipment. I leaned forward, resting my head on the bedrail. A nurse woke me up twenty minutes later and suggested that I go home for a little while.

I shook my head, staring at Wonwoo again, willing my strength into his broken body.

To comfort myself, I thought of Dr. Sungcheol's assurances that once Wonwoo recovered, he would lead a mostly normal life. It could have been worse, Dr. Sungcheol had told me and he repeated that sentiment like a charm to ward off greater disaster.

As daylight seeped into the sky outside the ICU's windows, the hospital began to come to life again. Nurses changed shifts, breakfast carts were loaded up, physicians began to make their rounds. The noise level rose to a steady buzz. A nurse pointedly informed me that she needed to check the catheter, and I reluctantly left the ICU and wandered to the cafeteria. Perhaps caffeine would give me the energy surge I needed;I had to be there when Wonwoo finally awoke.

As I entered the ICU's room because the nurse informed me that Wonwoo was awoke.Wonwoo was ghostly pale, and his cheeks were still hollowed out. He rolled his head to the side, a brief smile crossing his face.

"Hi,Hanuel." he whispered, his words fuzzy with the remnants of anesthesia.

I touched his arm, careful not to disturb the countless tubes and swaths of medical tape and instruments attached to his body. "Hey, sweetheart. How are you?"

"Tired," he mumbled. "Sore."

"I know," I said. I brushed the hair from his forehead before taking a seat in the hard plastic chair beside him. "And you'll probably be sore for a while. But you won't have to be here long. Just a week or so."

"W-what had happened?"He stammered over his words that he uttered."Shuu.."I placed my finger on his lips and comforted him,"I'll be with you."

Mingyu showed up at the hospital with the other ex-classmates, who was holding a 'Get Well Soon' balloon. Making a rare exception, the nurses allowed the ex-classmates into the ICU together to see their beloved friend.