Ch 23

Dedication for @gabrielahernandezz as she got the correct answer!

It's “Heartbreak girl by 5 Seconds of Summer”

★★★

♥Jamie's POV♥

I was walking on a forest; it was dark, dead and cold. I pulled the jacket that I'm wearing, William's jacket. I breathe in and I could smell the scent of the perfume coming from the cloth. I hugged myself, feeling its warm and comfortableness.

The walk was endless. You couldn't see light, only the moon which is perfectly round in shape as you could see was the one illuminating the dirty road. I keep on walking, avoiding twigs and stones. It was quiet, only the dried leaves scrunching as you step on it and the crickets are what you could here, and also an owl.

I looked up to see the bald trees and the bats flying freely in the dark sky. Suddenly, I can't breathe. I don't like it here. I want to go away but how? It seems like I'm trapped here for forever and there's no way out.

I heard soft voices that I didn't recognize, they were blurry but you could tell that they're angry. I ran as fast as I could though the voices still haunted me. I tried to shout out for help but it seems like my voice are just soft whispers that you couldn't even hear. I feel tears streaming down on my face.

I heard William's voice, "I didn't love you!" He repeated it getting louder and louder. "I could find someone better than you!" I could see his eyes burning on me.

Then there's dad, he's mad at me, I feel like the worst daughter. "You didn't believe in me!" It hurts. "You only care for yourself! What kind of daughter are you?"

I look around to see them but I was tripped on a twig so I fell down, my bum contacted with the ground and I was surprised that I didn't felt anything.

I opened my eyes and look at them, they were both pointing their indexes on me as they keep saying things. I also heard other voices saying that I'm a slut, a whore, a bitch, I'm ugly, fat, and some are things that aren't clear as they are all saying different things together. It's like when you're in school and the teacher isn't around so everyone is busy talking with each other but right now it's different.

"You’re the reason why George died!" I heard my mom. George was my elder brother, they said. I never saw him as he was born earlier than me and he died at his first week after birth.

I don't know what to do, they're blaming all things to me and all I could do is stare at them and shout "Stop!" a couple of times. I tried to put my hands on my ears to block out the noises but it's no use.

"Jamie..."

"Jamie?"

"Jamie!"

"Jamie, wake up!"

My eyes shot open it the feeling was like I fell off a cliff, I was panting, my breathing is unsteady and I could feel my whole body sweaty and my eyes teary. I was shaking of fear. It’s still fresh on my mind that even when I blink, I could see it. Tears fell and I was totally sobbing now.

I felt arms gently rubbed my back which made me flinch. I look at my side to see that it was William. I don't know but I felt scared.

"Shh, babe you're just dreaming. It was just a nightmare." he cooed. My mind turned back to reality that I was just only dreaming, but it felt quite real, him, my dad, they look real in my dream.

He hugged me and kissed me on top of my head. "Wait, I'll just get water okay?" he asked and I nodded. Minutes later and he came back with a glass of water, I didn't even notice him but then he called out my name. I shakily reach for the glass but he saw me, weak, so he just does it for me.

He let me drink a bit then placed it on the bedside table. Ha laid and pulled me, now my head was on top of his chest. His arm is around my torso and the other one patting my lap. I felt calm when he started humming a song which I don't know.

He keeps on telling me... It's just a dream.

★★★

Sorry it’s short but the next chapter would be long!

Guess the song for a dedication:

♪♫♪Lights go down, and

The night is calling to me, yeah

I hear voices

Singing songs in the street and I know

That we won't be going home

For so long, for so long, but I know

That I won't be on my own, yeah♪♫♪

~trisha xx