Ch 35

Jamie’s POV:

A month has passed now and I think that things are going better and better. My relationship with William is like just before. We’ve been awkward at first but then the next few weeks were like we never fought, like we didn’t go away from each other’s arms. I really miss him though.

Last week, William surprised me and he gave me an Arts Gallery here in Singapore. I said I will pay, maybe rent or something but as the stubborn that he is, he refused. I still have two months for my vacation so I could still save money for my paintings. I still have the money from painting William’s resort walls from last month so that’s for my start.

I am on my way to the mall now to buy canvas as I ran out. Maybe I’ll buy five. I finished painting thirty canvases and stuffs that will be displayed on my Arts Gallery. It will be opened next week so I need a lot more, I think.

“Hello?” I said as soon as I answered the call.

“Hey!” Ashton said on the other line, probably smiling. Since William and I’s relationship came back, Ashton has been so much more excited than me. I remember I called him to come over to the hotel that day and told him that William and I are back and he even squealed like a girl.

“Hi. How are you?” I asked. I didn’t see him this week as he’s with his mates, touring on the whole city. He said it’s their break so they want to have a vacation and said that its better that he’s here so if William hurt me he’ll save me from him. But I said he’ll never hurt me again so he should stop worrying. Instead, he should worry about his girlfriend.

“I’m good. Where are you?”

“Uh, at the mall? Why?” I asked.

“N-nothing,” I don’t know but I feel like something was up with Ashton but I just can’t put a finger on it. I shook my head at my thoughts and went inside the mall after checking my bag by the guard with their metal detector.

“Okay.” I frowned.

“I’ll pick you up later?” He asked. I nodded even though he can’t see me.

“Uh, sure,” I put my phone inside my bag when the call ended and zip it. As soon as I got on the school supplies, I grabbed five canvases and went to pay it. I opened my bag and find for my wallet inside it and paid the things I needed.

After buying, I texted Ashton to pick me up outside the mall and he came after twenty minutes. “I hate you!” I groaned and he just chuckled. I always hated waiting like a crazy girl on public places. I get annoyed easily when the person I’m waiting is so slow.

“Where are we going? We should be going to the left, right?” I frowned. The way to my Arts gallery is going to the left but he just went to the right and just smirked. “Hey, what’s going on?” I asked, my heart pounding hard. I’ve never been nervous around Ashton until now.

“Just see.” His eyes were focused on the road as he talk and the smirk that is plastered on his face never leaving.

“If you’re planning on kidnapping me-”

“Hey, I’m not kidnapping you!” He chuckled. “And you should be proud if that’s the case. You’ll see in the newspapers, ’19 year old girl, kidnapped by Ashton Irwin’” then he laughed at his own words. I rolled my eyes at his dumbness and huffed. I crossed my arms and pouted.

“Where the fuck are we really going?” I asked, annoyed. We’ve been on the road for less than an hour and I think we’re away from the city as all I could see is tall grasses, trees, fields and birds flying on the blue sky. If this is night, I will be scared. Good thing it’s still four in the afternoon.