Ch 34

Jamie’s POV:

I finished painting all walls now and I feel extremely tired. I painted four walls within 5 days and all I want is to get my money and leave this place. I t feels like hell that every time I go here, there’s these two people making out in front of me and it doesn’t only make my heart tear apart but hate everything that exists as well.

I picked up all the paint cans and brushes and put them on the side, letting the workers of this place to clean them later. I don’t have the energy to do them as my hands feel numb. I balled them into fists and stretched them again. I love painting but I hate it when my hands get sore from how long I worked.

It’s five now in the afternoon and I went to Mr. Curry’s office as I haven’t see William the whole day. I hope he won’t come back but a part of me says I miss him. I miss his hugs, his kisses, his touch, I miss everything about him. But no, he has another and it’s wrong to think that he will come back after breaking his heart.

“Oh, Jamie. Have you done painting already?” I nodded as he stood up. “Have a seat, darling.” He motioned me to sit on the chair in front of his table and I did. He sat back again and crossed his arms on the table.

“Well, I’ll just call Mr. Sean if he’s good with it.  It he’ll like it, you can leave. But if he don’t, then I don’t know what he’ll do if he’ll make you repeat it or something. But let’s just hope he’ll love it because it’s actually beautiful.” I don’t know but I feel like he just want to cheer me up because I don’t know, it’s like, he’s just being honest. After all, he doesn’t know what’s on William’s head.

I watched the man in front of me dial numbers on his telephone which I assumed that he’s calling William. When the call ended Mr. Curry stood up from his seat and fixed his suit and told me to go to the resort and wait for William there.

My heart was pounding loudly when we’re on the elevator. I don’t know but I feel nervous. But, he’s just William, right? I shouldn’t be nervous like this. After all, I’m close to going home now.

Mr. Curry and I both stood in front of my painting while we waited for our boss. I watched my artworks as it will be the last time of seeing them. I don’t know but I feel proud of myself as it’s my very first achievement, it thinks. Before, nobody liked whatever shit I do. But now, this is the proof that someone did.

“So, this is it?” I got startled as I heard William snapped at my back. I looked at him with confusion. When I look to Mr. Curry, he’s mirroring my expression.

“W-What do you mean Sir?” I asked nervously, my voice weak.

“Isn’t it obvious? I didn’t like it! Don’t you get that?” What? I tried my very best to make this the best I could ever do but he is just throwing it. I felt my heard shatter into pieces and my hands balled in anger.

“Are you serious?” I yelled. “Oh, if you didn’t like it, you shouldn’t have called me! You should have called better ones! But guess what, I’m tired. I’m tired of you; I’m tired of your sick games!” With that, I stormed off and walked outside the resort. I let tears stream down on my face and sat on a huge rock I found and sob there.

Within minutes, I felt a warm hand rubbed my back and I flinched. When I looked up, I saw those blue green eyes. I looked away. I just can’t look at him then my hate to him will just go away without even trying. That’s why I hated myself because I can’t stand a day hating him.

He sat on the rock in front of my and cupped my chin with his thumb and forefinger. It made me to look at him. He sighed and I don’t know if those are tears that I’m seeing or what.

“I liked it. Actually I love it.” He sighed again which made me cry even more.

“W-what do you mean by that?” I asked with a whine tone as I wipe the tears on my face.

“I just said it so you won’t go away.” I looked at his eyes to see if he was only kidding me, but I saw those eyes were sincere and it actually scared me that my hate on him will fly too fast. “I just said it so you won’t leave me. I know that it you finish this, I won’t be able to see you again.”

“You have your girlfriend.” I said. He chuckled nervously.

“But I thought; you were still my girlfriend.” He made our hands entwined which made me blush. “I remember that I didn’t say we’re breaking up. I just said you should go away from me.” So, he remembers everything.

“Yeah, but what do you call Jenna?” I asked, furrowing my brows.

“Uh. Something…. I… Used… So that you’ll get jealous?” He shrugged. So my thoughts were true that he’s only making me jealous of that bitch. Well then.

“What?”

He huffed. “I know, I know it’s wrong but now I know all. Ashton told me yesterday. That’s why I didn’t go today because I’m scared that you still hate me for blocking you out of my life. And, I don’t have the face to show.” He looked down our hands. “I’m sorry.”

“So, what are we now?” I asked, totally confused of everything. He looked up with a confused look.

“We? You mean if you’re still my girlfriend, like that?” I nodded.

“If you want.” He shrugged which made me giggle.

“Of course I do.” He tackled me on the grassy ground which made me laugh and placed his both feet on my sides, and his hands on the side of my neck and kissed me. It feels new that we’re doing this again.

♦♦♦♦♦

Guess the song for dedication:

"Life's a tangled web

Of cell phone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows

And you you're so caught up

In all the blinking lights and dial tones

I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too

But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you"