Ch 10

Jamie's POV

I haven't seen William all day. I'm starting to worry about him. He hadn't texted, even called. Yesterday, he said he’d pick me up. So now, I'm starting to think something bad happened to him. Though I don’t want to think there is.

I went to the school comfort room. I washed my hands as they are stained with poster paints we had used in our activity for arts class. Actually, it was a group project.

As I opened the faucet, two girls came in. A blonde one was talking to the redhead. I heard their conversations but pretended that I didn't.

"Hey' have you heard about William?" said the blonde as she opens her shoulder bag. She took her lipstick out.

What about William, I thought.

"What?" asks the other one as she combs her hair facing the mirror.

"Someone says he had been beaten up!"

"What?!" I butted in with their conversation. They're William's classmates.

"Yeah, some said, a brunette guy punched him and then he punched back...."

"So, where is he now?"I asked as I closed the faucet.

"I think.... He's at home now.... Yeah, I saw him yesterday at his house..."

As I was walking on the corridors ahead to my classroom, I can't put off my mind what that girl had said, until, I accidentally bumped someone. Shit.

I looked up to see who it was. William. He's wearing sunglasses and a white top with black jacket. I sighed.

"Can you put those glasses off...?” I said annoyed, arms crossed.

"No." Fuck you, I thought.

"Ugh... I know what happened..."

"So?"

"Can you please...? Do you think I'm not worried, huh?" He pushed me to the wall. Not leaving his hands on my arms. I tried to push him away but he's way too stronger. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, then looked away.

"You? Worried? How about you lied to me yesterday?" How did he-

“I know that your ex-BOYFRIEND went yesterday..."

"What do you mean?" I tried to act that I didn't know. -Like I’m INNOCENT.

He rolled his eyes "Oh come on, Jamie! You're not a good liar! You know what? He's the one who made this..." He puts off the shades from his eyes. He was blacked-eyed on the left. "And this...” He pulls the hem of his shirt. There were bruises and cuts all over his body. They are covering his abs and tattoos.