Ch 33

Jamie’s POV:

I finished painting two walls now in just two and a half days. I feel exhausted but I should finish the two other walls so that I could go back to London and forget everything that happened here in Singapore. I hated seeing William with that girl; I think Jenna who only wants is to make out with him. I don’t even know what William saw in her. She’s not that pretty and she only look a total whore as she always wear ripped short shorts and hanging tops. I hated everything about her. Yes, she’s a model but I don’t find her as pretty as Barbara Palvin or Cara Delevigne as her blonde hair looks dry and her face is covered with thick make up.

“So, what are your plans after this, Jamie?” I flinched and my head snapped into the voice’s direction. I looked up to see my boss and stopped brushing paint on the third wall.

“Uh, I’ll go back to London and finish my studies, Sir.” I said honestly as he nodded at my words. I’m still on the third year and be fourth year next year. It’s just I need money for school and its vacation so I accepted the offer. I need to finish school so I could finally work because of my course. But good thing there are a lot of companies who are inviting me even though I haven’t finished school yet.

“Babe!” I heard a squeak coming from the side. When I looked to see who it was, it was the bitch. Why did I even look, I know it’s her. She immediately hugged William and kissed him on the lips. When she noticed that I was looking at them, she smiled and rolled her eyes at me. I sighed and looked back on the wall I’m painting. I don’t even know what I feel right now. I feel envious and angry at the same time.

“I’ll just go to check out the engineers. You can watch Jamie here if you want. “William said to the girl beside him. I sighed again. No, it’s better if she goes away from me. Ugh.

“Okay.” She answered with a high pitch that made my ears irritated. Well, to be honest, I’m irritated into everything she does.

“So, Jamie right?” I looked at her. I nodded and faked a smile at her then I continued painting and octopus. I don’t know but I feel awkward. William should be here and shoo this girl away from me. I just can’t tolerate being with her.

“You know, I think, I’ve seen you before. I just don’t know where.” She babbled. “Are you related to Sean or?”

“Um, no.” He’s my ex-boyfriend, bitch.

“Uh, okay. You know what, I feel sorry for him. He’s a great person but everything that happened to him is so heartbreaking.” I looked at her with a confused look. I don’t know if she’s just being honest or what. The last minute that William was her, she’s been a bitch but now, she’s being friendly. Is this even being friendly of her?

“What do you mean, Ms. Jenna?” I asked.

“He was been comatose for I don’t know how long then he only got his mother and his brother. He always gets nightmares of a girl that he doesn’t know. He said, the girl always says she doesn’t love Sean anymore. He also said he barely see her face on those dreams and can’t put a finger who she is. Good thing he got homeschooled for months and his grandfather let him in his company, here.” All I could do is nod. I was very shocked on what I heard.

But the question in my mind was; am I that girl he was dreaming of? -But, maybe no. I glanced up when William came back and wrapped around his hands over Jenna’s shoulders. It broke my heart. I should be the one who’s in his arms, not this girl. I turned around to continue my work. No, I just pretend I’m working so that they’ll not notice the tears that are tempting to fall.

I should really work fast so that I could go home.

♦♦♦

I came back to my hotel room, tired. It’s now 7 in the evening and I over-timed my work. It’s all because William and the both weren’t there anymore and it’s my chance to finish the third wall without being intrigued with questions and told by their stories. I hated it when they are there. I once thought that they just want to make me jealous but no, William doesn’t know me anymore so why would he, right?

After some minutes, I decided I needed a coffee and I remember that there was a Starbucks nearby. I walked going the door and grabbed my phone and the key of the room and locked it. Then I walked to the elevator. I didn’t know that I was out already when I was in front of the Starbucks already. Maybe it’s just I’m over thinking things too much.

As I walked in, I immediately ordered a cappuccino and sat on one of those empty tables. There are only few people but everyone’s busy to notice me. Some are reading newspapers, some are on their laptops and some are just busy talking with one another. As I get my drink, I took a sip and placed it on the table and opened my phone to see messages.

Ashton: Guess who’s in Singapore? Haha xx

I frowned as he flooded me with the same text. I always told him that I hated it but as the twat that he is, he’ll still do it. -The thing that best friends always do to annoy one another.

Who? Lol x     Sent.

“Can I sit with you?” I peered my head up to meet these familiar blue green eyes I’ve fell for which aren’t the same for mine.

“S-sure, Sir.” I stuttered. I hate stuttering when he is talking to me. I look like I was a kitten being barked with a big dog and I hate it. I want to be strong and tough in his eyes that I wasn’t affected even though he makes out with all the girls in this world but I just can’t.

“Just call me Sean when we’re out. If you want.” He chuckled and all I could do is nod. I don’t know but it’s so strange so I can’t even looks at him directly in the eye. As I took a sip and looked over my cup, I could sense him staring at me. But I just ignored it.

“Sean. So, you remember some things from your past?” As the words came out from my lips, I already regretted it. I should’ve asked that. Now, I feel like my cheeks are burning.

“Uh,” he shrugged. “I do remember someone who broke my heart. She’s very pretty and I’ve been deceived, I think. I thought she loves me but she doesn’t.” I looked at him with wide eyes. He remembers but he told Jenna he don’t. What the hell?

“Oh, I-” my phone vibrated in the table so I immediately grabbed it. I hated that it vibrates too loud when it’s placed above furniture.  I opened the text message and a smile appeared on my lips as I asked him like a dumb even though it’s obvious that it was him.

Ashton: Me, sucker. :/

“Your boyfriend?” The guy in front of me asked.

“I- Yes.” I answered. If you want games, then I’ll give you one.

♦♦♦♦♦

Guess the song for a dedication:

“There is no fear now

Let go and just begin

I will love you”